Chapter 17

"What is it you come here for?" An Councilor asked as they watched him walk towards them. They all watched as he stepped close and the closer he got the more that can see. His face was red of tears. His eyes watery. He looked weak.

"I ask for your aid." He says with watery eyes and a cracking voice. "My mate is carrying my egg and it could kill her."

All the Councilors talk amongst each other of what to do. Until one Elder spoke. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but your prince Danny. Soon to be King with King Darnell steps down."

"Yes ma'am." Danny answers looking up at the Councilor who spoke.

"And your mate is the first mixed species, Jamie. Correct?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." He answered.

"As our duty to protect every living being under our ranks. We will help." She said. Some Councilors agreed with her abut some also didn't.

"We are going to waist our resources on two beings!" One shouted out.

"Councilor Ray it is for the first mixed species child." The woman yelled.

"I don't care who it is for Laya," Councilor Ray yelled at her. "It is because of the king my parents were put to death. I'll be damned if I help them."

"Councilor Ray we don't speak of the past. We talk of future." The vampire Councilor member spoke.

"You may be able to forget your past because you always live over everyone but us mortals don't forget that easy." Councilor Ray spoke out against him. Arguments started to rise up amongst themselves.

Danny couldn't take it any more. "May I speak freely?" He asked looking at the vampire Councilor member.

"You may." He answered.

"Councilor Ray I'm sorry that happened to you parents. I've heard the stories of what happened and I truly am sorry." He says looking at the white Tiger shifter. "But please don't repeat history. Don't force a child to lose its parents. Don't force a mother to lose her child. Don't let what happen to you happen to that egg."

Councilor Ray looked hard at Danny, thinking hard of what he said. He started thinking of how it felt when he lost his parents due to his brother. He knew he didn't want history to repeat. "Ok." He says, "I agree to help, but under one condition." Councilor Ray spoke looking at the vampire.

"What is your condition?" He asked.

"I get to stay at the castle to help them." He says. "Then when the egg is finished developing and is out of the girl I return to the Council.

"Let it be." The vampire says. "From now until your return you will stay at the castle and do everything in your power to help the egg be born."

All the Council member nodded at him and the he got up from his seat and walked towards Danny. "Let's go." Councilor Ray said to Danny.

Danny left knowing that there is hope for their child.