Chapter 15

At home Danny was pacing back and forth threw the castle. Why? Why did he have to be so stupid and break to the heat? He has ignored it many times before how was this one different?

Mate, child, family. His dragon chanted in his head.

Ever since they had found out about the pregnancy that is all his dragon would say. Those three words. Of course the words made him happy and excited, but he knew that is not what would happen. He would have to make a decision that would change his life no matter what choice he made.

He would either have to live without his mate and have his child.

Or he would have his mate but without his first child.

The first child is an important thing for dragons. The first child would end up ruling his father's clan or in this case would rule his land.

In the dragon world the first child is what keeps the clan going because no matter who the dragon is mated to the first child will come out a pure dragon. A pure dragon to lead what is left from its parents.

The frustration was eating Danny alive. He knew what Jamie would choose. She would choose to die to save her child. Danny couldn't make the decision to loose his mate or his child.

How was he supposed to choose? They both are important to him. He heard someone walk in and say it was Erin. Erin had a gloomy look on his face when he saw his friend.

Danny had red marks all over his face due to him clawing at himself and due to his crying. His hair was a matted mess and the room they were in was trashed. Walls were cut up, pictures broken, glass all over the floor. The desk was turned over and paper littered the floor. There was even blood on the walls due to Danny punching them letting out his anger.

When Erin shut the door that is when Danny cried again, for a third time that day. Danny was never one to cry in front of people so when Erin saw tears fall he knew how much Danny was hurting.

"Why?" He asked Erin threw his tears, "Why did I have to submit to her heat?"

"You were weak at the time Danny," Erin answers, "You were fighting off your dragon for so long it made you mentally weak."

"What am I going to do?" Danny cried.

Erin quickly embrace his friend, "I don't know."