Chapter 6

Lyrics POV

         "What the hell?" I saw Treys mouth move as I stared at him im disbelief. That guy was Trey, as in Trey Terry?! What?

         "Uh, what?" I said stupidly while he walked closer and closer to me. okay this was just getting way too weird for me.

         "Its you, the one who has been playing the piano all this time?"

         From his face and what I could tell, he was in shock. But what from? Oh, right, deaf girl playing the piano, perfectly. Hah, I am in some deep shit.

         "What? No, I can't play, I'm just messing around with the keys you know, having fun, its sad really, I most likely sound really bad." I lied. I was in a really bad situation right now because, one, I need to get home. Now. And two, if Trey finds out I can play piano he could tell someone and it could eventually get back to my dad, and that would not be good. At all.

         I started to move towards the door, I had to get out. Just as I was about to put my hand on the handle a large hand shot out in front of me, gripping my hand lightly in theirs. I flinched out of habit, and a bad one at that. as he turned me around I kept my eyes on the floor. I knew how this went. He would be mad, furious, and he would punch, kick, smack, and hit me until I couldn't move anymore.

         "Hey, are you okay?" I heard a soft voice say, "You're crying."

         I looked up, shocked. He wasn't going to hit me? I thought for sure that he would, he seemed so mad before. Wait, I was crying? Reaching up there were tears coming out of my eyes in slow steady streams. I looked down, feeling extremely stupid.

         "I guess I am. I'll just get out of your way now, sorry." I whispered, trying to pull my hand that he was still holding out of his grasp.

         But he wouldn't let go. When I looked up I noticed how close we had gotten, our chest were practicaly touching. I also noticed that he was looking at me with an emotion that I couldn't define. he looked like he wanted to do something, but didn't know if he should, or could.

         "Stay, please? I mean-" he took a deep breath "I mean, I want to listen to you play some more." he moved to look me in the eye.

         I looked down. " I can't I have to get home, I was meant to be back there half an hour ago." that reminds me. I am so dead.

         He sighed, " Well will you be here tomorrow?" he asked, he sounded desperate, like his world depended on me saying yes. His blue eyes shone with the same emotion that I saw before, the one that I couldn't discribe.

         "I really don't know." I answered honestly. It really depended on if I could move tomorrow or not after what is waiting for me at home.

         "Oh, well if you are could you meet me here after school?" Trey asked, his eyes shone with determination. He wasn't taking no for an answer.

         A sudden rise of anger burst out of me. "Why should I, so you can pick on me? Hah, I think I'll pass. I already get enough shit from you durring school, I'm not going to let you ruin my afternoons too." I really just wish that I could just leave. My dad was most likly counting the seconds I was late saying thats how many hits I was going to get tonight.

         Trey's face twisted into a pained expression. As if someone had just punched him... Oh, I'll punch him, that's for sure.

         "Look I promise that I will be nice to you, I swear that I will. Please meet me here after school tomorrow though. Please."

         "Why?'

         "Because, I need help writing a song, my manager says that we need a new one by the end of next week. I know that you can help me, with what I just saw. and from what I can tell, you are better than most professional pianist." he looked at the piano then back to me pointedly.

         I shrugged "I'm really not that good, I just mess around with the keys, try to imagine what they sound like, I can't hear remember."

         "Some of the worlds greatest musicians were deaf, or went deaf. I  mean, Beethoven? come on you are amazing at the piano." he said taking a step closer to me.

         Sighing I turned to the emergency exit, "Tell you what Trey, if I'm at school tomorrow, I'll be here, Okay? Now let me leave." I was out of options and time was ticking on, every second was going to be a punishment.

         "Okay! Thank you so much Lyric." He said. he looked like a little kid that was just offered a whole bag of candy.

         " Yeah whatever, bye." I said and turned walking out of the door.

         "Wait!" I voice that I was really starting to dislike yelled after me.

         I gritted my teeth "What now, Jackass?" I was really ready to kick him. in places that he really didn't want to be kicked in.

         He smirked, "Fine be that way, I won't offer you a ride home."

         My hand twitched to smack him "I don't need one, I would rather walk then be by you for longer than needed." I turned and started walking.

         A hand gripped my arm where a very painful very sore bruise from the night before was. I winced and tore my hand from his grip "I said I would rather walk." my voice was like ice, chilling you to the bone.

         He stood there and stared at me shocked.

         I rolled my eyes and walked away.

         for once, I was the one walking away leaving him shocked speechless and confused.