chapter 12

Chapter 12

Lyric’s POV

Sighing I fell onto the bench and looked up at them doubtfully, “Um, what are you doing here?” I looked at the three guys standing in front of me. They were looking down at me, two with shock and confused eyes while the other one just smirked at me.

“Lyric, meet Hard Love.” Trey said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. “This is Damien and this is Ryan.” He said pointing at the two boys standing in front of me.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Damien said as he looked at me, “The freak? Really Trey, her, of all the people in the world you had to pick her?”

Trey’s smile faltered as he turned to the tanned boy, “She’s not a freak. Say you’re sorry.”

I frowned, “It’s fine Trey. But why are they here?”

He turned to me, “Well if we are going to write a song then shouldn’t the guys be here too, I mean they are part of my band, plus we need to incorporate the drums and everything after we know what we want it to sound like, and the lyrics.”

I blinked, he really thought this through, “Oh, well I guess but I can’t stay very long, have to be home by four today.”

“Why so early?” I saw Ryan, the one who hadn’t spoken say.

‘Uh, my dad likes me home.” I said with a shrug, trying to think of a better excuse.

He gave me a look that showed he didn’t believe me and sat down on a chair looking at me as if he knew what the truth really was. “Okay.”

I sighed and turned my back to them when Damien spoke, “She’s freaking deaf Trey and you really think that she can help us write a song, she can’t fucking hear!”

I turned toward him and glared, “I am more than happy to leave trust me, I don’t want to help you’re stupid little band but I promised him and I don’t break promises. Deal with it or fuck off.”

He stared at me in shock as an arm went around my waist. I flinched slightly and looked up to see Trey.

He smiled at me, “Ignore him, he’s just cranky.”

I pulled out of his grip and walked to the piano, “Let’s just get started.”

“She plays piano, really?” Damien mumbled.

I ignored him and put my fingers on the keys, a few moments later I turned and looked at him, “Want me to prove it?”

He smirked and leaned against the wall, “By all means, go right ahead.”

So, I did. I started slowly at first with a slow and sad melody, gradually getting faster while closing my eyes and letting the music flow through me, relaxing completely. I was playing a song that I wrote about my father, but I wasn’t singing, just playing. I was so into the song that I didn’t even realize that Trey had moved beside me on the bench, watching me play.

When I stopped I noticed that his eyes were on my face, not my hands. I quickly turned away realizing that the light was shining in my hood giving him a clear view of what I was sure was not a pretty sight. The deep purple bruise that covered my left eye and the cut that was running down my cheek was something that no one wanted to see.

I gave Trey a look that clearly said ‘don’t say anything’ and turned towards Damien, “That good enough for you?”

He must have pushed off of the wall and moved because right now he was leaning against the piano with a look of awe on his face.