chapter 23

Lyrics  POV

I want you to meet someone. Trey signed to the boy.

He smiled and nodded eagerly. Who? he signed back.

Her name is Lyric. Trey said spelling out my name, I think that you to will get along really well, she is really nice.

“Do you like her?” the boy asked out loud.

Trey nodded, “Yeah.” He said with a smile.

Where is she? He signed.

Trey laughed and pointed in my direction. She’s been there this whole time little dude.

The boys head snapped in the direction that Trey was pointing, his eyes meeting mine. This kid was adorable; he looked exactly like Trey, only his hair was brown instead of black.

Hello I signed, a smile slowly spreading across my face. Are you David?

The boy nodded. You know sign language? He asked.

I smiled but nodded. Yes, but it’s been years since I used it, I might say some things wrong.

David grinned at me, “It’s okay, I can read lips too.” He said with a slight lisp.

Trey smiled, “Lyric can too.”

David gave him a confused look, “What do you mean she can too?”

“I’m deaf.” I said as I signed the sign for deaf.

“You are?” David asked seeming in awe of me, “But you can talk so good.”

“It took a lot of practice, but you can do anything if you really want to.” I said with a smile, “I’m living proof of that.”

“Do you think that you could help me?” he asked, “To talk better I mean, I know that I don’t sound that good. I can feel it when I try to, my mouth doesn’t form the right way.”

I grinned, “Of course. I would love too.”

Trey smiled down at David with a soft look in his eyes, he really loved him. He turned to me, “Would you really help him?” He asked.

I nodded, “Of course, I went through having to learn how to talk without hearing anything, I know what it’s like, and I think that I would be the best choice when it comes to helping him.”

Trey wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me tightly, “Thank you.” He said as he pulled back.