chapter 22

Lyrics POV

“This is your house?” I asked as I stared at the monstrous thing in front of me.

He blinked a few times before shrugging, “Yeah, it’s nothing special, why?”

“Nothing special… it’s huge!” I exclaimed as I did a double take at the house.

“It is?” he asked.

“Uh, yeah.”

 “Oh.” He said as he was getting out of the car.

I watched him as he ran over to my side and opened the door, “thanks.” I mumbled as I reached to unbuckle my seatbelt.

All of the sudden two large hands reached over did it for me before pulling me out of the car.

I stared up at Trey as he smiled at me, it wasn’t the smirk that I had gotten used to, “Are you okay? Like you’re sure that you aren’t that hurt?” He asked with worry clouding his eyes.

I gave him a small smile, “Yeah. I’m fine.”

His eyes ran over my face as I said it, he clearly didn’t believe me. He grimaced, “You really don’t look fine.”

“I’m just tired. It’s been a long day, you know?” I tugged on his hand, “So uh, are we going to go?”

He nodded and squeezed my hand before starting to pull me up the long driveway. The closer I got to the house the more I noticed about it. It was blue and white; it looked like something that you would only see in a movie. The grass was cut neatly and the gardens looked perfect.

“How is this even possible?” I said to myself.

“I ask myself that same question sometimes.” Trey mumbled under his breath, “But I guess that everything changed when the band started to get big, and it helps that my parents are lawyers.”

I smiled up at him, “You weren’t meant to hear that.”

“But I did.” He said as we reached the door.

I looked at the large piece of wood that stood between me and Treys house, “They won’t care if I stay over?” I asked hesitantly.

He shook his head, “Nah, they’re cool. They work most of the time so it’s really not that big of a deal.”

“Oh, well I really don’t want to bother you. I mean if they’re here, I’ll just leave if they want me to.”

He sighed, “You will never bother me. And I really don’t care if they won’t let you stay here, I will not let you go home.”

“I’m going to have to Trey.” I mumbled as he turned the doorknob.

“Don’t remind me.”

Now it was my turn to sigh, he was going to have to realize that I could handle it. I had to handle it. I was breathless as I walked into his house. It was beautiful, but it didn’t look homey, it looked like something from a magazine, fake.

“Oh my god.” I breathed out as I took in the room.

 It was clearly the living room which I think is bigger than my whole house. A flat screen TV hung on the wall, a fireplace sitting below it. The walls were painted a shade of off white, one wall was darker than the others; drawing attention to the pictures that were of what I am guessing was Treys family.

I walked up to them, examining the smiling faces in each one. There was one of a boy, who was covered in mud, a pile of worms in his hands as he smiled at the camera. I laughed slightly, “So, you like worms huh?” I said as I turned to look up at Trey, who was now behind me.