Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Lyrics POV

I was practically shaking with fear by the time it was lunch. Ryan was going to tell Trey, I knew he was, if he didn’t tell him already. It was only a matter of time.

“Hey.” His voice was right by my ear.

I jumped and turned around, “Oh, hey.” I breathed.

Trey frowned, “Ryan told me something, and I need to know if it’s true.”

“Okay.” I said slowly. My heart was pounding in my chest and there was a lump in my throat, making it hard for me to breathe. My chest felt like it was trying to rip off of my body and run.

He grabbed my chin to make sure I kept eye contact with him, “Lyric, did someone do this to you?” He asked, running his eyes over my face.

Tears welled in my eyes as I realized that I really couldn’t lie anymore, “Yeah.” I whispered. I winced at how my voice cracked in my throat, showing my emotions.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, “Who did it?”

“No one that you need to know about.” I mumbled.

“Lyric, who fucking did this?” he asked as he grabbed my wrist.

I flinched harshly, from both the pain and fear; he was acting like my father.

He gave me a confused look before he looked down at my arms, slowly moving his hand, my sleeve in between his fingers. I felt his fingers against the skin that was bruised and battered as he traced everything that was there. He ran his finger around the burn mark on my wrist carefully.

I looked down, unable to look at both him and my arm.

"Lyric?" he whispered.

I felt the ball in my throat get bigger, making it hard for me to breathe without crying. I took a shaky breath and tried to pull my arm away, but he held it in his grip a bit tighter, "Please, just let go." I begged.

"No." he said, "I'm not letting you go, I'm not going to let you run away from me, you are going to tell me what happened."

"Please." I said, my voice was desperate and panic was starting to rise in my chest.

He pulled me into him as my tears started to fall. One arm wrapped carefully around my back and the other grabbing my head and pulling me to his chest. I could feel the beating of his heart against my cheek., the steady rhythm seeming to calm me.

"Its okay Lyric, just calm down, no one is going to hurt you, I promise." He said into my ear as I clutched his shirt.

"But you can't say that Trey, I can't get away!" I said as I wiped at my tears, but they just kept coming.

"Yes you can. You have to tell me first, you have to talk to someone."

"I-I can't, he would kill me." I said being dead serious as I pulled back.

Trey frowned deeply at the comment, "It's that bad? I swear Lyric, I will kill whoever did this to you." He had a fire in his eyes that honestly scared me. He looked so angry that he probably could kill someone.

"No. You can't kill him, and I'm not telling you who it is because I knew that this is how you would react." I said as I started to walk towards the music room, the tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"So when would you have told me, when you were in the hospital?" He said as he grabbed my fingers, not touching my arm.

"I-I would have told you eventually, but like I said there's n-nothing you can do." I stuttered slightly.

He pulled me to a stop, "Why can't I do anything?"

"Because its my freaking dad!" I burst, " You can't so anything because I'm not 18 and you aren't either. I am stuck in his fucking house for the next two years." I said angrily as I ran a hand through my curls.

He froze, standing dead still like time stopped all together, "What?" he said after a few moments.

"I said my dad did this."

He blinked a few times before turning and starting to walk away.

"Trey? where are you going?" I asked as I started to go after him.

"Leave me alone." his voice was cold.

So I just stood there, unable to comprehend what just happened when a whole new wave of tears hit me. He didn't care, he was just talking to me because he felt bad, everything that he said was a lie. Everything that he did was a lie.

I couldn't take it anymore, it was like the walls were closing in on me, so I started to run. I didn't really care where, just out of here. I pushed open the doors of the school and ran down the street, not knowing where my legs were taking me.

 after ten minutes my ribs were on fire, along with the rest of my body. The scenary around me started to change, it was familiar in a errie kind of way. There were less houses and it was a quiet neighborhood compared to mine, it was the one that my family used to live in, my mom, my dad and I.

I suddenly realized where I was going, my moms grave.

When I reached the gates of the old cemetary my legs started to slow down. my crying had never stopped and the tears were making my makeup smear badly. I ignored that and continued to walk.

When I finally got to her grave I collapsed, "Mom, why did you have to leave?"

So I sat there crying about what was going to happen, having no idea what was in my future