Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Lyrics POV

I froze as his lips hit mine. They were soft and warm and gentle, as if I could disappear at any second. I knew I should pull away, but I couldn’t. Instead I let myself fall into him, my lips moving against his.

I could feel him smiling against my lips as he pulled me closer to him, his hands knotting into my hair. His lips pressed harder to mine as he deepened the kiss. I knew I was an idiot but right now I really didn’t care. I ignored the thoughts of my dad and focused on us.

After a full minute I pulled away, “What are we doing?” I whispered as he untangled his hands from my hair.

He smiled, resting a hand on my cheek, “Kissing silly.” He moved his hand down my shoulder and linked his fingers through mine.

“I know that, but why?” I asked looking at our hands.

“Because we wanted to.” He said as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

I pulled away, “Trey, I can’t do this.”

He frowned, “Why not?”

“I just can’t” I sighed, getting up from the piano.

He ran a hand through his hair, “Why the hell not Lyric? When are you going to realize that I’m not giving up? I like you Lyric, is that so hard to believe?”

“Yes!” I yelled, unable to calm my voice. “You don’t know me but you seem like the only person that understands me. We hardly get along but we have so much in common. You are freaking famous and I’m just a freak with a sad story. I’m sorry if I find it so hard to believe trey.” By the end of my speech my voice was hardly a whisper.

“Lyric, you really think that I care about any of that? I wouldn’t care if you were homeless, I would still like you.” He stood in front of me and lifted my chin to look me in the eyes.

“This is a really bad idea.” I whispered, getting lost in the swirling blue that I had grown to miss.

“Yeah.” He said before he leaned down to kiss my lips lightly, sending shocks running though my body. “But I really don’t give a fuck.” He said with a shrug.

I couldn’t help but smile at the comment, but all of the sudden two small arms wrapped around my waist, “I fucking knew it!” Sophie’s voice registered in my mind.

“Sophie, what the hell!” I yelled, trying to keep my balance as she jumped up and down with her arms still around me.

“Oh no, don’t you Sophie me, I fucking told you that you liked him!”

“Uh, he’s still here.” Trey said giving her a confused look.

“Oh, well I need to talk to you mister!” she said putting a finger on his chest.

He gave me a scared look but nodded his head, “What about?”

“I swear to god if you hurt Lyric, even on accident I will rip out your kidney and make you eat it.” She said as if she was talking about the weather.

Trey’s eyes widened, “Lyric, is she for real?”

“Yeah, most likely.” I said with a shrug, knowing that she was dead serious.

“And you’re not concerned at all?” he asked getting paler by the second.

I laughed, “No, not really. I’ll stop her if she tries, unless she does it while you’re sleeping, then you’re screwed.”

“Lyric, you are kind of scaring me.” He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at him, “there’s nothing to be scared of. Except how your fan girls are going to react if they ever found out that we kissed.”

He smirked and grabbed my hips, pulling me closer to him, “Oh they will, because every chance that I get I will be kissing you.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea.” I mumbled as he pulled me closer.

“Who cares?” he whispered as he brushed his lips against mine.

I smiled slightly and leaned into him, pressing a light kiss on the corner of his mouth, “Whatever.”

“Aw, you two are so cute!” Sophie grinned from behind Trey, she started making kissing faces and wiggling her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes, “Shut up.” I said as I moved over to the speakers, “Okay, How did you manage to pull this off?” I asked. I started to run my fingers over the towering noise makers, feeling every hole in the fabric that covered them.

Trey pulled my hand away and linked his fingers though mine before speaking, “I asked Mr. Williams if he had any, and all of the sudden he pulled out these monsters, and the lights. He knew exactly what I was doing, and all that he asked was that we recorded the song, live, when we did it.”

My eyes widened, “But I sung with. I am so sorry, I totally ruined it.”

“You didn’t ruin it. We knew that you were going to sing at the parts that you knew, and I am pretty sure that he knew that too.”

“B-but my voice is on that t­-track; I’m not p-part of the band.” I stuttered, starting to freak out slightly.

Trey laughed, “Don’t worry Lyric. I promise that everything will work out.”

“Stop worrying, for real, we know what we are doing, we are professionals after all.” Damien walked out from behind me.

I jumped, “Holy shit! Don’t you know better than to sneak up on a deaf person?”

Sophie laughed linking her hand through his, “It is fun to do though, the look on their faces.”

I glared at her, “Yeah, but it’s also fun to watch the person who scares them get smacked, the look on their faces.”

Sophie gave me a look. Just as she was about to reply the bell rung, signaling the end of lunch. Trey started to drag me out of the room, “Let’s walk to class together.”

I slowly nodded my head, “Yeah, since somehow all of your classes got changed to mine.”

He smirked, squeezing in between people, “I know, what are the odds?”

I rolled my eyes and focused on trying to keep up with him. Even though our hands were connected he still seemed so much quicker than me.

He stopped suddenly, “Lyric?” his lips said.

“What?” I asked.

He pulled me closer to him by the hips and looked me in the eye, “I want to kiss you.”

I stood on my tip-toes so that our noses brushed together, “So kiss me you idiot.” I breathed against his lips.

He closed the distance between us, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, mine around his neck.

Yeah, this was a really bad idea.

Yeah, someone was going to get hurt.

But right now, I don’t care.

He’s kissing me.

I’m kissing him.

Trey Terry likes me.

And I think I like him too.