chapter 15

Chapter 15

Lyric’s POV

“Lyric try to talk to Trey, please?” Sophie said for the millionth time.

“No.”

“Lyric.” she begged.

“Sophie it’s been a month, I’m not going to talk to him. He just needs to give up.” It was true; it had been nearly a month since that day that I got attacked in the hallway. Trey never gave up though, he was always popping up somewhere when I least expected it. Like the week after Ryan found out about my dad, Trey was suddenly in all of my classes. All of them.

“But he won’t give up, that’s the thing.” Damien said with a slight smirk.

I glared at him, “Yeah, well tell him to.”

“I did, he wouldn’t listen.”

“Of course he didn’t listen.” Sophie said as she took Damien’s hand. They were still going out, and he was the only one in the band that I ever talked to. Ryan tried but eventually gave up.

I rolled my eyes as I felt a hand snake around my waist, “Hey babe.” Trey said, smirking at me.

I pushed it away and totally ignored him. I saw Damien laugh as Sophie smirked at me.

“What?” I said to her.

“She’s talking to me? Oh my god she’s talking to me!” Trey said before picking me up off the ground and twirling me around.

“Uh, I wasn’t talking to you.” I said as I gripped his shoulders, my world going in circles as he moved.

“Oh, well, you did just now!” he said as he slowly set me down, not letting go of my hips.

I tried to pull away, “Yeah sure whatever, let go.”

He pulled me closer to him, “Nope.” He said quietly. He looked like he wanted to do something.

“Please.” I whispered my voice catching in my throat.

“I need to show you something, Damien I need you to get Ryan and meet us in the music room. Okay?” he said, his eyes never leaving mine.

I couldn’t see what Damien said but I saw Trey shake his head and then he grabbed my hand and started to pull me down the hall. It was lunch so it was pretty empty, a few people wandering here and there.

“Let go.” I said as I tried to pull my hand away from his. The sparks flew up my arm just like the first day I really talked to him.

“No, I need to show you something.” he said still focused on getting me to the music room.

I sighed but let him pull me. Walking into the music room, my jaw dropped. Sitting there was Ryan and Damien both had their instrument of choice. But the thing that shocked me the most was how beautiful it looked, there were lights strung from the ceiling and all throughout the room. The piano had been moved to the middle and Trey slowly led me to the bench.

“Just sit here and please don’t say anything until we are done, okay?” he said before sitting next to me and closing his eyes. I saw something move and suddenly I heard music. Trey was playing the piano, and I could hear it.

My eyes got wide as I saw the giant speakers across the room and the microphone that was most likely recording whatever they were playing. I closed my eyes and listened, cherishing every moment that I could hear this.

And that’s when the voice started, “I can’t believe it was really you, you look so lost, you don’t know what to do. You’re so blocked in I don’t know how to get through sitting alone in the dark everything seems so far away, you seem so strong but you’re getting weaker every day, be honest when I ask, are you okay?” it sang to beautifully, it was mesmerizing. When it got to the chorus I realized what song it was, it was Trey’s and he was singing.

“Why can’t you see, I’m not really me? I watch you from afar, always hiding behind my guitar. I didn’t know it was you, I didn’t have a clue. But why can’t you see I love you?” I sung with him a slight smile on my face.

“I wish you would open up; you can only keep so much inside. The harder I try the more you hide. You don’t let anyone in; you hide so much under your skin. Your secrets; I want to hear them all, and the more I learn the more I fall.” He sang with a glance my way. I smiled at him, my heart skipping a beat.

I sung the rest with him, “Why can’t you see, I’m not really me? I watch you from afar, always hiding behind my guitar. I didn’t know it was you, I didn’t have a clue but why can’t you see, I love you? Why can’t you see? I love you.”

The music faded away and Trey turned to me, “Did you like it?”

I blinked a few times, trying to process what just happened, “Like it? Trey that’s was freaking amazing!” I yelled wrapping my arms around him.

He stiffened for a fraction of a second before he wrapped his back around me, pulling me closer to him, “You know, for a second I thought you were going to be like ‘fuck off’ and just leave.” He said into my ear, his voice distant but there.

“I was honestly thinking about it.”

“So, could you hear it?” he asked pulling away from me and looking into my eyes.

I nodded, “Yeah, I could hear it.” I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

“Don’t cry! Please, please don’t cry.” Trey said starting to panic.

I wrapped my arms around his waist again giving him a tight hug, “Thank you.” I whispered.

“For what?” he asked.

“The last time that I listened to music, really listened, was when I was eight. I never thought that I was ever going to be able to hear anything like this again.” I said, a few tears slowly making their way down my face.

Trey wiped them away slowly, “It’s no problem Lyric, I wanted to do this. I did it for a reason, but I have a question for you, why don’t you just get hearing aids?”

I looked away, “My dad and I don’t have enough money; they cost a couple thousand dollars each.”

“Oh.” He said bringing my face back to look at him, “Lyric, I wrote that song for someone. Someone who means a lot to me, but I don’t think that she knows it.”

“Oh.” I said, my eyes casting downward, “I’m sure that if you did anything even to a fraction of what you did for me she would totally love it. Plus the fact that you’re in a really popular band probably helps.”

He laughed slightly and put his hand on my cheek, “You really can’t see can you?”

I frowned, “No, I can’t hear. My eyes are fine.”

“The song, Lyric that was for you.” He said with a determined look in his eyes.

“Oh.” was all that I could say before his lips met mine.

I was kissing Trey Terry.