Chapter 14

Lyrics POV

I was walking towards the music room when a arm wrapped around my waist, "Hey you." a voice said into my ear.

I jumped at the sudden contact and turned to face the only person who would even think about doing that, "Trey."

"The one and only." He said as he turned me around and led me down the hallway, him arm glued to my waist.

I pulled away, "What do you think you're doing? It's lunch, don't you have some little fan girl to make faint?" I raised an eyebrow.

"But my number one fan is right here, and I don't want to disappoint her by not talking to her, for all I know she could burst out crying." he said as he wrapped his arm back around me and pull me to his side.

"Funny." I said squirming in his grip.

“I am funny aren't I?” he said with a smile on his face, “Maybe I should just give up the band and be a comedian, lets face it I would be great at that.”

I scoffed, “You wish that you were funny. You can't even make the freak laugh.”

He frowned and came to an abrupt halt, “Are you still mad at me for that? Lyric I'm sorry for calling you a freak since 5th grade, I didn't know you. I guess that I just thought because you couldn't hear that you were some kind of freak of nature.”

I blinked, “Freak of nature?”

“Yeah, I mean how many ten year old kids do you know that can't hear? I never met anyone who couldn't hear, well not until you.”

“I guess that makes sense.” I mumbled looking down. He had a point, it was really weird for someone to be totally normal and just not be able to hear.

“But I got to know you now, and I realized that it doesn't matter if a person has a disability, they are still people and they need respect too.”

I gave him a look, “Who are you and what did you do to the Trey that hates people and thinks that all of this sappy crap it well, sappy?”

“Sorry, I was just trying to apologize, jeez. I will now hate you forever Lyric Chance!” he said giving a dramatic glare at me as he yelled my name down the hall.

I started to giggle and clamped my hand over his mouth, “Shut up, stupid!” I said through my laughs glancing around to make sure that no one had heard him.

He gave me a serious look as I removed my hand from his mouth. He looked slightly dazed and he gave me a goofy smile, “You should laugh more.” he said looking me in the eyes.

“Why?” I asked my eyes glued to his, they were so pretty, the were bright blue but they had specks of black and green in them. I've never seen eyes like that in my life.

He pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear, “Because it's cute, you have a nice laugh.” he said starting to move closer to me.

My heart started to beat against my chest as thoughts flew through my mind at a mile a second. Was he going to kiss me? Do I want him to kiss me? Why am I not kissing him already? Should I risk him getting hurt if my dad ever found out about it?

The last question made me stumble back and out of his grip. No I couldn't risk it, I didn't want to see him hurt, I couldn't see him hurt.

“Lyric I-” he reached out to me.

“I'm sorry.” I said before I turned and quickly sprinted down the hall.

Since my plans of going to the music room seemed unlikely I started toward the tree that Sophie normally eats lunch under. While I was walking there I couldn't help but think was I really going to let Trey kiss me? I mean I wasn't exactly against it but, I couldn't risk it. I didn't want my dad to find out about him or have Trey find out about my dad.