chapter 20

Warning! if you don't like violence then you shouldn't read this chapter.

Lyrics POV

It was when I was eight that I lost my hearing. Even though I shouldn’t remember a whole lot of what happened, it’s one of my most vivid memories. No matter how much I wish I could forget it, it always haunts me.

I was playing in the back yard when I heard my dad scream at my mom, “You little slut! All you ever do is sit at your piano and go out to those stupid award shows. I see you flirting with all of those fucking guys. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were fucking them.”

I didn’t really know what ‘fucking’ meant but I knew it was a bad word. I got up and peeked through the window, just out of sight from them. Daddy was drinking again, and he wasn’t very nice when he was drunk.

“John, are you insane? I would never, ever cheat on you, I love you!” my mom said.

“Yeah right.” He scoffed taking a drink from a bottle with clear liquid in it, the label said vodka, whatever that was. I knew it wasn’t water, because I’ve seen him drink this before and it made him really mean.

My mommy grabbed it from him, “I thought you were going to quit?” she said angrily as she waved the bottle around.

He grabbed the bottle from her and roughly pushed her to the floor, a yelp escaping her mouth.

“You go around and fuck other guys but I can’t drink? That’s bullshit Grace. I might like my alcohol but at least I’m not some whore. I bet that little bitch outside isn’t even my daughter.” He said before he took a long drink from the half empty bottle.

“John! You don’t say that about Lyric, she’s your child. I would never cheat on you. Ever.” My mom looked slightly afraid as he came towards her; she started to back up on her hands and knees.

“Are you sure about that?” he asked as he came even closer, my mom was now sitting up against the wall, her eyes wide with fear, “Are you positive Grace, are you sure that she’s mine and not any of the other guys that you fucked eight years ago?”

“Y-yes.” She said quietly.

He got closer, his face right next to hers, “It’s a shame I don’t believe you, isn’t it?”

I closed my eyes, knowing what was going to happen next, I heard her whimper as he got even closer, his hands would be touching her, not nicely though, not like he loved her, but like he was trying to hurt her.

I opened my eyes just in time so see him punch her in the face. She cried out as she covered her eye with her hand. He grabbed her by her hair and pulled her up off of the floor and threw her against the kitchen counter, “Why the fuck did I ever marry you? You’re nothing but a whore!”

“John stop!” my mother yelled, trying to get up.

He ignored her and grabbed her arm, roughly pulling her up, she reminded me of my favorite doll, so pretty but so beaten up. Her black curls hung in her face and her gray eyes peaked up at him, “Please?” she said quietly.

He ignored her plead and punched her in the stomach with his hand that wasn’t holding her, “You want someone to fuck? You can fuck me you whore. Yeah, fuck me. I just hope you don’t have some type of STD.”

He pushed her up against the wall and kissed her. I couldn’t help but frown, not only because seeing your parents kiss is gross, but because it wasn’t like how he normally kissed her. It wasn’t sweet and gentle like he normally did. It was rough and looked like he was hurting her.

His hands started to move down her body touching her in places that shouldn’t be touched. My mom was trying to pull away but he wouldn’t let her, he just held her against the wall, his body trapping hers.