Chapter 31

Lyric's POV

After what seemed like hours but was probably really only a few seconds the pain started to dull. It was still stabbing into me as if it was digging into my soul, but it was getting better. I noticed that it hurt more in my chest, and in my arm. After a while I started to realize what was happening, I was waking up. I had no idea what was going to happen when I did, but I was waking up.

I felt a hand in mine, holding it gently. I had no idea who it was but I really didn't care. I focused on the feeling of this persons hand, it was rough and calloused, the hand of a musician. I tested to see if I could maybe move my hand, and with a great effort I managed to squeeze this persons fingers. I felt the grip tighten on mine as my hair was brushed away from my face.

I focused on the light that was shining through my closed eyelids, trying to pry them open. After a few tries I felt them crack open just a little, but that little bit gave me the strength to keep trying. my eyelids felt like they were ten pound weights when I finally managed open them. Standing above me was Trey, he had dark circles around his eyes that clearly showed that he hadn't slept in days and a worried look on his face.

"Lyric?" his mouth moved, "Thank god." he said.

I stared at him confused, I couldn't hear him, at all. Not even one little whisper of his voice reached me. "Why can't I hear?" I said, starting to get slightly scared, "I can't even hear myself talking, Trey what's going on?"

He put his hand over my mouth, "Don't talk. I'll get the doctor." he must have seen the worry on my face because he leaned down, "It's going to be okay." he said, making sure I could see his lips before he kissed me.

I kissed him back, missing the feel of his lips on mine before I nodded. He kissed my forehead before walking out to find the doctor. Seconds after he left Ryan walked in, he didn't look much better than Trey did.

His eyes widened as he saw me looking at him, "Holy shit you're awake." he exclaimed as he jumped in mid air with a hand over his heart, "You scared the shit out of me."

I couldn't help but laugh, regretting it as the pain in my chest got worse. I winced slightly, remembering that I had gotten stabbed there. "Sorry for scaring you." I mumbled.

He shrugged as he sat in the chair next to me, "It's fine. I'm just glad you're okay, you know you've been out for a week?"

I stared up at him in shock, "Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked.

He laughed, "I'm afraid not my dear. On the bright side, everyone knows who you are now. Our record label explained how you are the newest person to sign and how you are in a relationship with Trey."

"What?" I asked completely confused at what he was saying, "When did I ever sign onto your record label?"

He smirked, "You didn't, but you're going to. Seeing that now you really don't have a choice."

I was just about to argue back when Trey walked into the room, the doctor close behind him, "What did I say about talking?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

I grinned sheepishly, "He started it." I mumbled as I pointed at Ryan.

"Did not!" he yelled as he jumped up from the chair, "She's the one who gave me a heart attack!"

Trey rolled his eyes before sitting down in the chair that Ryan was previously in. He took my hand in his and kissed it, "Well we need to tell you something." he mumbled as he looked up at the doctor.

He smiled at me as he started to jot down my heart rate and pulse and blood pressure, "Right, so are you aware of what happened to you?" the doctor asked.