nine ➳ don't hurt me

justin

after i asked marie about what happened it was like she completely shut down. i don't understand she said she'll give me a chance. i would be able to understand if it wasn't something as serious as this, but she got hurt. meaning it could happen again.

"marie, don't shut down on me please. tell me" i said basically pleading with her to tell me.

"what if you find out and leave me? what if you think my personal problems are too much for you to handle and you go running for the hills?" she said barely above a whisper, hard for me to hear. but i did.

why does this girl have such bad trust issues? i'm not gonna hurt her. i'm not that kind of guy.

"i don't ever want to leave you. you're my friend and as a friend it is my job to protect you and care for you. and how am i suppose to do that when you don't even tell me why you're getting hurt?" i said this girl is so confusing one minute she's accepting me as a friend and seems like she wants to trust me then puts up this brick wall that says 'keep out'.

"sorry, just someone has hurt me in the past, i don't want it to happen again." she said shyly.

"it's okay just come talk to me" i said gesturing her to the bed, we both sat down. "if you want us to have a true friendship you're going to have to trust me"

"please, after i tell you this please don't leave me. i'm already really attached" she said, it was like she was going to cry.

"when i was in the 7th grade, that summer we moved here. if you haven't noticed i'm black" she said then stopped to see my reaction, i obviously knew she was black but i don't care a human is a human. after she saw i didn't care about her skin color she continued. "we moved to a all white neighborhood, were most of the people are racist."

it seemed like she was going to cry. i hate it when girls cry. "8th grade was okay, no one talked to me though. just gave me stares and weird looks except for kayla. it wasn't until high school when brian moved into town, he's that jock in your science class. he saw i was black and decided me being me bothered him so first is started with verbal abuses and i could take that. i was pretty confident in myself before moving. then he took me into an alley way after following me home from school and-- and" she started to cry. it honestly hurt me to see her like this.

she's getting all this hate from everyone because she's a different race. why are people treated this way. "if you don't want to continue it's okay. you can stop" i said trying to make her feel better, not wanting to push herself too hard.

"not it's okay. i need to get this off my chest to someone other than kayla," she said wiping her tears. "he started hitting and kicking me. him being a boy, i couldn't run away he was much stronger than i was. it wasn't hard enough to leave a bruise so if someone asked he could deny because of no proof. but it sure did hurt" she said slowly like she was trying to find the correct words.

"today, i thought when he pulled me into the alley that it would be like any other. but it wasn't, his kicks were harder. much harder. and his hits felt like bricks. he was definitely angry with someone and took it out on me because i never felt anything like that before. it was enough to knock me unconscious"

by the time she finished i had tears streaming down my face and one thing i knew.

i am going to help this girl, whatever it takes.

~~

i really need more views it's going down each chapter