ten ➳ mom, dad?

marie

after finally telling justin what he was begging for the longest. i had to go home, he wanted to walk me home though, he told me he's going to do everything he could to protect me. i doubt that, there's only so much a person could do.

while he was walking me home justin and i deep into conversation, we both heard a noise, it was a loud bang from down the dark street.

i felt justin's arm snake arounf my waist protectively and pull me behind him. found out it was just a trash can that fell over into the street.

we were talking about random things, family, friends, life before this dumb ass place.

some might say i'm trusting him to easily or i need to keep my guard up but something about him is making me want to tell him everything and not miss a single detail.

we finally made it to my house, all the lights were off. where's my mom and dad?

walking up the steps justin insisted on walking into the house with me when i told him my mom and dad should be home but their not. "fine, but you're overreacting" i said with a groan.

"you won't be saying that when i possibly save your life" he said smirking. he walked in front of me, to his demand. once i turned on the lights to the front hallway i turned to justin.

"see, overreacting nothing's here. my parent's are probably just working late" i said assuring him.

"i don't think so, there's a sticky note on the fridge" he said turning his head to my fridge then walking over.

i went behind him reading the note over his shoulder.

Marie,

sorry for the late notice but me and your dad had to go to go back to flordia. your grandma is sick. we'll be back in about 2 weeks we think you're mature enough to stay alone. i put money on the counter. call me everyday, do not miss school or i'm whipping that ass. love you

-mommy

great. no parents for 2 weeks. normal teenagers would be happy about this but i'm not, i need my mother since i have no friends other than kayla and justin. she's like my safe place. but i understand, her mother's sick family before anything.

"this is great, my mom's not going to be here. i hate being alone, it makes me think about everything going on with me and it's not a good feeling justin." i said upset over the whole situation. justin gave me a sad look, i don't want him to feel sorry for me.

"aren't you sad you're grandmother's sick? you're worried about your mother not being here instead of that?" he said slightly confused on my actions ignoring my grandmother's illness.

"no not really. i'm more so sad my mother has to witness her mother being sick. but i didn't really know my grandmother she didn't come around my family. i don't know why my mother has yet to tell me" i said to justin. he just hummed in response. then his eyes got wide.

"why don't you stay with me? i mean, i have a guest room. only until your parents come back. i don't want you alone either and my mother won't mind. let me call her." justin said before letting me respond he whipped out his phone and called his mother.

"um, okay?" i said to myself. justin held his finger up to me and walked away talking to his mother. i kind of wanted to hear the conversation i hate when people walk away like that, makes me think their hiding something.

he walked back in with an upset look on his face. "she said no didn't she?" i asked him already knowing she did by the look on his face,

"no she said yes" justin said then turning his frown into a smile.

"oh, you ass. c'mon  help me pack" i said walking up the long staircase with justin following me.

~~

imagine justin as a actual dad