sixteen ➳ hailey

IRRITATING

~~

marie

the next day justin and i have barely spoken. i'm just too embarrassed. i was in my english lit class while justin was in french.

i wasn't paying attention to anything the teacher was saying i was too focused on solving this issue with justin.

i didn't even notice when the bell rang for second period. as i was walking down the hall i heard someone shout my name. "marie! wait"

i looked and it was of course justin. i didn't know what to say so i just stood their waiting for him. "okay i have to tell you something before you find out from everyone else"

"erm, okay. can't be that bad." i said smiling i felt as i could handle anything since brian is no longer an issue.

"um, okay so theirs this girl in my french class," i zoned him out there. i knew where this was going i just didn't want it to. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't the tad bit sad.

it's not like justin and i are a couple right? i'm just being selfish only thinking of me when my best friend is telling me how he likes someone else.

"marie?" justin said snapping his fingers in my face. i hate when people do that i quickly smacked his hand down.

"what?" i asked

"i asked you a question" justin said. "i asked you if it'd be okay if i asked her out"

"erm, yeah sure. i mean you're my best friend and i want to see you happy." i said smiling.

is it bad that i want him to be happy with me?
+

"do i look okay?" justin asked for the millionth time.

"you look fine stop stressing out you'll do great" i assured him.

it was time for justin's date with the girl i learned that name was hailey. hailey baldwin.

she was gorgeous but i'd never admit that out loud. justin's walking out the door of his house.

this is dramatic for me, it's like he's on to the next best thing leaving me behind. all alone at his house.

i walk back into my room. it's the worst. they always say that the worst thoughts is the thoughts you have alone in your bed. it's true.

all i seem to be thinking about is justin. while he's out with hailey, i'm here wondering if i could actually have a chance with him. i'm such an idiot. he will be nothing more than a friend.

nothing more than a friend. i seemed to repeat over and over in my head but it just wasn't sticking.

+

justin

my date with hailey was actually going really good. she's absolutely gorgeous and i can't seem to take my eyes off her. it's like love at first sight almost. i took her to a very elegant restaurant causing both of us to dress nicer than usual.

 i took her to a very elegant restaurant causing both of us to dress nicer than usual

we were talking about random things. "so who at our high school are you the closest to?" i asked her sparking up a little more conversation.

"erm, my best friend danielle. how about you?" she asked, i only thought of one person. as soon as her name popped into my mind i wore a smile on my face.

"marie, she's absolutely amazing. i want you guys to meet someday. i feel like you'd be the best of friends" i glanced at hailey and noticed how she wore a frown on her face but once she saw me looking she covered it up with a smile.

~~
566 words, not my best. but not my worst. in that picture was justin starring at hailey's boobs😂