Chapter 10: The Magic Box?

I felt the ice cold water take me in. The current is taking me to the depth of the ocean. I don't fight it. I close my eyes and let the current take me. I open my eyes to realize that my shirt got stuck on the pier. Just great! I turn around in the water and come face to face with a great white shark. I stay frozen. I thought it was just my mind playing games with me. I reached out my hand and touched the shark. It didn't move. Is it dead? I turn my head to get a better look. It's not a shark at all. It was a dolphin! I reach for her and she comes closer. I finally reach her and i grab hold leaping on her back. We surface and I take a giant breath. She dives under the crystal clear water. She takes me to the bottom of the ocean. I pick up a shell and a bracelet that was on the ocean floor. Why is there a bracelet on the ocean floor? That's weird. She brought me back to the pier and I sat there as she swam away. I have an instant flashback.

(flashback)

My mouth is taped shut. I'm sitting against a hard cold tree. I can't move. All I can hear are the screams of my mother. My father takes her into the water. He places her head in the water as she struggles. She never came back up. I watched as her lifeless body floated away. I watched my mother die. I couldn't do anything about it. I'm the reason my mother is dead! My father comes over to me. He grips my hair and drags me back to the house. I look up at the house to realize I have seen this house before! In my dreams? NO! It can't be! This is the house that my family lived in! The same house the we are staying in now! This is the house where my father killed my mother. This is the house that had all of these memories.

(End of flashback)

My eyes shoot open to see that it was just a day dream. There was no dolphin, but the flashback was all real and I remembered everything! The current is turning me and throwing my body in every direction. What am I doing? Why am I killing myself? He's happy and I should be too! Why do I have to be so stupid! I fight the current, but it's too strong. I'm running out of breath. I feel something pushing on me. I look down to be met by my mothers eyes. She pushes me and I lay motionless on the pier. Did my mothers ghost just save my life? I look around at the house. It looks a lot different from before. It had a lot of work done. I slowly walked to the door. I pushed it open. I was met by everyone staring at me.

"Um why are you wet?" Lexy asks.

"Went for a swim is all." I say.

They all turn back to their conversations. I walk to mine and Lexy's room. This used to be my room. The bed still sat in the same place. I slowly reach under the bed and felt the boards. I pull at the lose one and looked at it. Written in blue crayon are the words,

Caitlin and Lena best friends forever, but sisters at heart.

July 29th, 2005

(flashback)

"See you tomorrow at school." Caitlin shouts.

"Ok bye!" I shout back.

"Make sure you find a safe spot for our treasure!" she whispers.

I nod. She gets into her moms car and leaves. I walk back to my bedroom. I grab the box that we decorated. I open the closet and pull at the broken floor board. It creaked open and I placed the box inside. "My parents will never find it here." I whisper to myself. I make sure the floor board is back in place. I walk to my parents room and sit down at the mirror. I look down at the bracelet sitting there. It was the same one that was at the ocean floor. The one my mom died wearing. I walked back to my room just as my mom walked in the front door.

(End of flashback)

I walked over to the closet and started at the floor board. I knelt beside it and quickly opened it. It flew open and there the box sat. I looked at it as if it were gold. I picked it up and dusted it off. I opened the box and pulled the pictures out. I flipped through them admiring every single one. Caitlin and I giving each other piggy back rides. Us in our treehouse that we built with her dad, in her summer house in Dublin. I was 5 when I was put in a care home. That was the worst day ever. I had to say goodbye to Caitlin. The other half of my heart is still with her. After my mom died, I lost the other half. I gave my heart away and now I can't love anyone like that ever again. I looked back in the box and pulled our favorite toy out. We saved up all of our money to buy that giant bouncy ball. There was one more thing in the box that shocked me. I was petrified. Sitting at the bottom of the box was my mothers bracelet. The thing that shocked me was

We never put it in the box..............

______________________

This is the best chapter so far! I think! :) Any questions for me?? About myself??? If so ask away! Let me know how the story is?

Love always <3

-Riss1020 :)