Chapter 16: Take me!

(READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END!)

We arrive back home. We get out of the car and slowly walk in the door. The house is silent.
"Hello?" Zayn yells.
"Up here." A voice yells.
We walk up the stairs to the movie room. Everyone is packing.
"Umm why is everyone packing?" I ask.
"We are leaving at 2am. We're going home." Dani says.
"As in home what house am I living in?" I ask.
"Your fathers for now. Then I will move in and have the baby." She says.
"Ok." I say.
I walk to my room and see Lexy packing.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey, are you ok?" She asks.
"Yeah." I say.
I throw things in my suitcase and just stare at the closet. Should I bring the box? This is the last time you'll be here. Take it! No! Leave it. Caitlin would want it that way. I get up and grab the box ignoring my mind. I wonder what happened to Caitlin? Does she still live here?
"Lexy?" I ask.
"Yeah."
"Um my phone is dead can I borrow yours?" I ask.
"Umm yeah sure." She says handing me the phone.
I walk to the bathroom. I dial the number I have know since I was 4. My heart beats faster as it rings.
"Hello?" I hear a scared a weak voice ask.
"This is Lena. Is um Caitlin there?" I ask.
"Lena! Is that really you." The voice I now know belongs to her father says.
"yes it's me. Is um Caitlin there?" I ask again.
"Lena maybe you should come over there's something you should know." He says.
"Ok I'll be there!" I say.
He hangs up. I run to the living room. Zayn and Niall are packing in there. Oh great Niall...
"Um Zayn do you think you can drive me somewhere it's really important!" I say.
"Where?" He asks.
"Umm to a friends house." I say.
"A friends house?" He asks.
"Yup!" I say.
"Lena what is going on!" He yells.
"Fine!! If everyone wants to know! This is the house that I grew up in! The room that Lexy and I are sharing is my bedroom. Under the floorboards in the closet is a box that my best friend and I hid. I called her house right now and her dad said that I should know in person of where she is! Just please Zayn just this once!" I yell.
He looks shocked. Someone clears their throat behind us. I turn around and come face to face with everyone.
"I'll drive you Lena." Harry says.
"Thanks Harry." I yell sprinting for the door. I grab the car keys and run to the car. Harry jumps in and he starts driving.
"HERE!" I yell at the familiar yellow house.
He stops and I jump out. I run to the door. I knock. The door opens and reveals a man in his fifties. He's wearing a robe and looks as if he hasn't shaved in years.
"Lena?" He asks.
"Mr. Foley?" I ask.
"Oh Lena." He says hugging me.
"Please come in." He says.
I walk in and take in everything. It's all the same. The dinning room on the right the living to to the left. The play room straight ahead. The stairs leading up. The glass doors to the backyard showing the treehouse. We sit down and he looks at the ground.
"Lena after you left for the orphanage, we wanted to adopt you but it was too late. You had already left. About 2 years went by and Caitlin had some trouble at school. She really missed you. She was depressed for about 5-6 years. She would only come out of her room to eat and she wouldn't talk to anyone. Not even her teachers. She went to a therapist and it still didn't help. We got a call saying you were dead. Caitlin was more devastated then before. She threw things and made holes in the walls. About a year ago her mother and her got into an car accident with a drunk driver. They were ran off the road. Her mother has been in a coma for a year now. But Lena Caitlin didn't make it out that night. She passed away Lena. Caitlin is gone."
I don't know what to do! I want to cry but I want to scream.
"Im sorry." I say.
"She left this for you." He says handing me a big box.
"Thank you Mr. Foley. I'm sorry but I have to go." I say running out the door and to the car. I throw the box in the front seat and slam the door. I have to go somewhere. I run to the forest where our tree was. Harry's calls eco through the forest. I keep running. It feels as if I'm always running from my problems. I do though, I run when I think no one can help me.
"ARE YOU HAPPY! YOU HAVE TAKEN EVERYONE THAT I LOVE FROM ME! ARE YOU HAPPY TO WATCH ME IN PAIN! WHY! WHY ME! SHE JUST HAS TO BE DEAD RIGHT! OR ELSE IT WOULDN'T MAKE SINCE RIGHT! IT WOULDN'T MAKE SINCE IF I HAD SOMEONE THAT I LOVED IN MY LIFE! WELL I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY BECAUSE YOU CAN TAKE MY LIFE TOO! TAKE ME! I DONT WANT TO LIVE!" I scream. There's no one I love left in my life. Nan's gone, my mum, and now Caitlin. I stop in my tracks. I freeze. The rain pours down on my face. The darkness surrounds me.

Everyone I love is dead because of me...

I feel Harry's strong arms around me before I'm out.

(A/N: GOOD CHAPTER? Anyway I wrote a new book it's called "That One Game" and it's the best book I have written so far...SO READ IT! Please comment! There's like thousands of you reading and like none of you comment! Don't forget to read "That One Game" love you all!)

-Riss1020 :)