Chapter Three

I own nothing
--------

The trip to the pond was long, frustrating and worrisome for Clarke. The warriors showed great patience with her and her concern for their Heda. They made stops continuously for Clarke to provide Lexa with water. Especially after she realised that Lexa was feverish. Obviously there was still poison in her system, from her back wound and from the other alleged wounds that Nyko hinted to.

Clarke tried to convince Lexa to return to Camp Jaha and have Abby treat her under her supervision. She vetoed it though when Lexa promised to run Abby through with her dagger if she touched her. Clarke sighed irritated and continued to lead the stubborn woman on.

Once they came upon the healing pond though Clarke could understand its appeal. They were at the base of a small rock face coming off a hill. A stream ran off it creating a small waterfall into a pond. The water continued on the other side of the pond as another stream, disappearing off into the woods. There was a small clearing around it of fresh grass. The whole clearing itself was only about 80 meters in diameter, pond and clearing inclusive.

"It's beautiful" she whispered and Lexa raised her head from where she had it balanced on her shoulder.

"That's the fresh water pond. The healing pond is in a cave within the rocks behind the waterfall" she whispered around a raw dry throat.

"Oh" Great. So she had to get a worn out, feverish Lexa over slippery rocks, through a probably freezing cold waterfall to get to the pond. Yeah, no trouble at all.

She brought her horse to a halt and throwing her leg forwards over its head slid easily to the ground. She turned just in time to catch a weak Lexa as she attempted to dismount.

"Do you have a death wish? I swear Lexa!" She growled and sighed when Lexa looked up at her with feverish green eyes and asked

"Swear what?"

"Never mind" she shook her head and turned to a guard, nodding her head and indicating he come to her. He hurried over and she handed over Lexa even as the woman protested. She wasn't able to stand on her own two feet, the poison having weakened her. She gave up the struggle quickly, easily tired.

"While we are here I'm in charge Ok." She informed him and he looked confused between the weak Heda he was holding like a baby and his skaiprisa. He was torn. Clarke sighed "Just until she is stronger ok. I need you to do as I say so I can concentrate on making her better"

"Sha skaiprisa" he nodded

"Good. Take her to the healing pond and be careful. I will be there as soon as I unpack the supplies I need." She instructed and he bowed his head before turning and hurrying towards the waterfall. Clarke quickly glanced at the other guards who were unpacking saddle bags between watching their Heda worriedly.

She turned to her own bags, collecting her medicine backpack, a fresh container of water and some dried salted meat strips to take into the cave. Once she had collected the supplies she headed over to the other guards and they paused as she neared.

"Clear the area close to the cave for your Heda's tent. Then organise a camp fire to keep us warm." She instructed and they nodded "make sure one person is within ear shot of the cave at all times in case I need assistance"

"Sha skaiprisa" they vowed.

"Not one word of what happens here or how sick your Heda is will ever make it back to Camp Jaha understood"

"Sha skaiprisa"

"Good" Clarke nodded "thankyou for being here and protecting us" and while they shared confused glances she hurried off towards the cave.