Chapter Sixteen

I own nothing.

Lexa led Clarke to the remaining door and opened it to show Clarke into the most opulent room she had ever seen, a dining, old world kitchen and lounging room. Everything was done in black, red and gold. It should have looked over the top but there was just the right combination of those colours, mixed with the pale walls, to scream class. Not to mention old world expensive. Either the Heda never came here often or it had been well looked after over the years. Clarke looked at Lexa and raised an eyebrow.

"It's all inherited from Heda to Heda. I had nothing to do with it." Lexa admitted "in the old world this was a hotel. A very expensive and exclusive hotel. This room was the ultimate room"

Clarke pulled away and walked around the room, taking everything in. Going into the kitchen she was surprised to see a small fridge there.

"You have power?"

"You just realised that? You didn't see the light poles in the street? The lights downstairs?" Lexa teased "we have wind turbines to the north, solar panels on the roofs and wave energy. I can show you if you like." Clarke shrugged, she had little idea how they worked but knew Raven would love to see them. She understood now why the Trikru hadn't been awed at the Mountain mens technology as well. They had seen it before. She turned to the large floor to ceiling windows. If she wasn't in love before she was now. Oh wow. She walked over to gaze adoringly out at the view. Her first view of the ocean up close. Real close, there was only about ten meters between the front of the building and the water lapping at the land. They were in front of what appeared to be a marina with an assortment of boats.

"Lex this is unbelievable. It's so beautiful" she whispered as Lexa came up behind her and wrapped her arms around her.

"I promise to show you all of it, or as much as I can before we leave. Right now I want to wash off the grime from travel and cuddle with my houmon"

"Ha. You just want to get me naked" Clarke snorted.

"Says the woman who couldn't wait for our wedding night to make love" Lexa teased and Clarke turned in her arms, wrapping her own around her lovers neck.

"I can't help it if I couldn't wait any longer" she pouted and the brunette rolled her eyes.

"You couldn't wait!" She shook her head "I took a lot of frustration out on my men!"

"Well you're frustrated no more" Clarke leant in to kiss soft pouty lips. "Now you mentioned something about a bath?" And with a last peck pulled away from her stunned wife and walked towards the door she could see beyond the lounge. She was just pushing the door open when she gave a shriek as strong arms swept her up and carried her over the threshold. "Show off, you're supposed to do that after the wedding" she gripped tight onto Lexa "Besides which watch your back"

"Stop harping" Lexa grumbled striding purposefully for the far side of the room. Clarke ignored her and looked around. It was a large bedroom and bathroom in one. A large bed covered in a black and red bedspread dominated a wall, or floating wall, either side of which seemed to lead into a wardrobe as she could see hanging clothes. The bed itself looked out onto a small private balcony and a stunning view.

Lexa carried her past that until she realised they were standing in an adjoining bathroom next to the biggest bathtub she had ever seen. A bathtub full of bubbles and bubbling away.

"A hot tub!" She cried excited as Lexa placed her down. She had read all about these on the Ark. Oh hell yes. It had a great view of the ocean too. It sure paid to be the Commander's wife. Though to be truthful she rather preferred just being Lexa's wife.

"Yes. I had the staff prepare it" she nodded over to the other side of the bathroom "there are modern facilities and a shower if you wish to wash some grime off first before getting in the bath."