Chapter Fourteen

I own nothing

The morning of their Merger Lexa woke a grumbling Clarke well before dawn. Clarke blinked open her eyes to find a large tub with steam rising out of it by their rock pit that had fresh heated rocks in it. She couldn't believe she had slept through them bringing it in. Glancing at her watch she groaned when she realized it was only 4.00am.

"Lex it is early" she grizzled as Lexa threw back the covers and offered her a hand.

"Come. The ceremony is to be held at first light. There is much to do" Lexa dragged her naked soon to be wife out of bed and towards the tub. She helped Clarke into it before hastily stripping herself and this time lowering in behind Clarke. Clarke raised an eyebrow but said nothing. She let herself be washed from head to toe before asking

"Where did this come from?"

"A gift from a blacksmith" Lexa informed "Delivered only just this morning"

Clarke sighed as fingers combed through her hair, untangling all the knots before she felt Lexa working at an intricate set of braids.

"It is important on the morning of a merger that the intended braid each other's hair in a specific way to show all that they are no longer available. The way I braid your hair will show your status as the Commander's houmon"

"Oh" Clarke blinked as the braids worn by the Trikru took on a new meaning. "I like that. Do I get to braid yours?"

"Yes. I will instruct you" Lexa informed as she completed the last braid on top of Clarke's head. "You may wash me now and braid my hair"

"With pleasure" Clarke purred and watched Lexa's eyes darken and she swallowed hard. Clarke took the wash cloth and took great joy in washing Lexa everywhere, smiling when Lexa gripped the side of the bath when she ran the wash cloth over her breast, teasing the nipples with her thumb so they were hard and pointed. Lexa's strong hand caught her wrist when the cloth travelled towards the juncture of her thighs.

"Clarke you are playing with fire"

"Maybe I want to get burned" Clarke whispered and Lexa sucked in a wild breath, looking at Clarke questioningly. Clarke nodded "Yes, I'm ready"

Lexa groaned and touched their foreheads together "You tell me now? We have no time" she frowned "What happened to waiting until Polis?"

"I can't wait any longer. I love you. I want to show you, I want to feel you on me, around me, in me. I want you to consume me"

Lexa growled, mashing their mouths together in a hard demanding kiss, pushing Clarke back against the far edge of the bath before kneeling above her. She had to shut Clarke up before she tipped her over the edge and Merger be damned she took her now. They kissed long and vigorously, Lexa surprised by Clarke's roughness. Surprised when she nipped and Lexa could taste blood. She had to calm herself down. She had to try and be gentle with Clarke later, doubted she could but she could at least try.

Gently cupping her soon to be houmon's and lover's face she pulled back, Clarke letting out a desperate moan.

"Later" Lexa promised. "We will spend all afternoon and night sating our hunger while the others party. Right now you need to braid my hair"

"Why the hell did I resist you for so long?"

"Only you can answer that Houmon" she whispered "My wife"

Clarke felt like her heart was going to beat out of her chest at the tender adoring look in Lexa's eyes. Her body sang with the need of her but Lexa was right. They had the ceremony to attend, had the well wishes of their people to be an audience to and they were expected to stay for a midday feast before they could return to their tent. She would have to make sure Octavia and other guards stood a fair distance away so no one would get too embarrassed. Sighing she let her head fall forward until it rested on Lexa's.