Chapter Twenty-Six

They all met at the specified time at the Inn run by Lexa's family. Everyone was dressed casual again including Flynn who'd had clothes provided. He was walking with the guys from the Skaikru who he found fascinating as they spoke funny and had weird sayings.

Clarke and Lexa were greeted with many hugs from Lexa's family and also Costia's who were also there. Clarke enjoyed seeing her wife so happy and smiling. It was so different from when they had first met. She wished in some moments that Lexa was just an ordinary girl from Polis but then realized if anyone else but Lexa had been Heda they would have been killed a long time ago.

They started the evening downstairs drinking the popular Ale. Clarke barely left Lexa's side, wrapped securely in her arms as they talked and laughed and told stories. Clarke was aware of her mother sticking close to Jayde's side. Surprise surprise Jayde seemed to be smiling too, maybe her mother would bring out the best in the serious warrior.

Everyone was very merry when they headed up to the restaurant and Clarke tried to slow down but was being plied with the alcohol. Lexa's family had put on a feast of food and Clarke didn't think she could be hungry after their lunch but she piled her plate full of delicious food including some roast meat, vegetables, handful of chips and poured gravy over top.

Lexa stumbled into her chair next to her, nearly spilling her plate. She looked at her wife who seemed quite jovial and very inebriated.

"I'm cutting you off" she told the brunette who looked back horrified

"What! We just got married!" Lexa cried and Clarke had to laugh

"I meant drinks not sex." She looked up at Lexa's cousin who was trying not to smirk at Lexa's look of relief "Can we get a couple of milkshakes"

"No worries Clarke" the woman nodded and headed off to make them while Lexa blinked down at her plate. Clarke didn't know how much Lexa had to drink but she knew it was a lot more than her half a dozen.

"Eat your dinner and sober up" Clarke informed her wife

"Sha ai Kwin" and Clarke watched her hoe into her plate of seafood and all things bad for you. She just shook her head. She couldn't complain though, let her eat big while she could. Who knew what tomorrow would bring.

The food was divine as usual and everyone had a great time. Lexa sobered up some with the food and the milkshake and when Luna teased her about her wedding night she gave as good back. Everyone was still surprised by how relaxed Lexa was, not able to get used to it compared to the Commander.

It was close to midnight when they all staggered out of the pub. Sobering up doesn't work when people are secretly spiking your drinks.

"I thought I told you to stop" Clarke growled as she hauled Lexa into their room. It appeared like she wasn't going to get sex on her wedding night, other than their quick tumble earlier. She was so going to enjoy giving Lexa hell in the morning. She had to help Lexa in the bathroom who complained she had been drinking milkshakes and shouldn't be this drunk. Clarke sighed knowing she was right.

"I think there was more than chocolate in those milkshakes love"

"I'sh gonna av derr eads" Lexa slurred as she was dragged into the bedroom and stripped before sliding into the bed with a groan. The whole room was spinning. She would have to make it up to Clarke another time.

"Not if I get to them first" Clarke complained "It's my wedding night" she shook her head before sliding into the bed next to her passed out lover. If Lexa touched alcohol again any time soon she would castrate her.

Abby was very nervous as she led Jayde to her room. She didn't really know what to expect. She had told Jayde she was interested, attracted to her at the wedding and since then Jayde had been very attentive without pushing the boundaries.