Chapter Four

I own nothing
-----
Cleaning and healing Lexa's back had been awful, for both of them. There was no doubt the wound was infected. Whether from disease in the Reapers, her primitive healing methods, the less than clean clothes they wore or the delay in Lexa's healing she did not know. All she knew was that she hoped Bellamy could sneak some antibiotics past her mother. If Lexa continued to go downhill she would have to sedate her and take her back to the Ark for treatment.

Once Lexa's back had been treated with the salve she had bound it to try and keep it clean, then held Lexa for a while as she struggled against pain and nausea as a result. Eventually she had convinced Lexa to lie down with the promise of laying with her and ended up with the Heda snuggled into her side, head on her shoulder, arm and right leg thrown across her. It was incredibly intimate in their half dressed state, but Lexa was too sick, and Clarke too stressed and worried to even contemplate anything. They soon drifted off into a well deserved sleep knowing they were safe with the guards outside.

Clarke wasn't sure how long it was before she was woken by a gentle shake of the shoulder and her name being called. Blinking awake slowly and expecting to see Lexa hovering over her she was shocked to see Octavia hunkered down near her watching her with part amusement and part concern. Clarke scowled, what was she doing here, why wasn't she at camp?

Octavia motioned to be quiet and gave her the thumbs up before nodding her head towards the outside. Clarke understood it meant to come outside to talk as she watched the other woman disappear. With a great effort and a bit of protesting from a drowsy Lexa she managed to break free with promises she would be back soon. She dressed in her jeans and jacket quickly, forgoing her boots. She added a couple of logs on the fire on the way out to keep Lexa warm.

Making her way outside she found her guards busy pitching a large canvas tent close to the waterfall. Lexas tent. Plus hers she figured as she doubted Lexa would let her leave her side for too long. She spotted Octavia and Nyko unpacking a cart full of supplies. Water jugs, bed rolls, food too she hoped before noticing a couple of large hares roasting over the camp fire. Argh again! Well it was food she guessed. She turned back to the cart and hoped there were fresh clothes there too.

Making her way over to the cart she enjoyed the feeling of the fresh grass under her feet. She hadn't felt anything like it. She would go barefoot more often while here.

Octavia saw her and paused, looking slightly uncertain and so she should. Everyone had orders to stay away.

"Clarke" Octavia nodded

"Octavia. What are you doing here?" She asked and the woman stood tall and defiant.

"I caught Bellamy sneaking out medical supplies. I followed him to Nyko." She managed to look sheepish "Only I failed to notice Indra following me."

"You still have a bit to learn I see" Clarke couldn't help but smile. Octavia nodded before continuing.

"Indra got Nyko to tell the truth about the extent of Heda's wounds. I offered to come as your personal female guard slash fetch maid. Indra and Bellamy agreed eventually when I pointed out you would be happier with female help if you required assistance with Lexa" Octavia shrugged and Clarke watched her steadily for a while knowing there was more coming before Octavia sighed "Plus we were all concerned. They wanted someone extra to act as messenger in case there was an emergency and help was required fast."

"You do as I say, when I say, no complaints. You keep out of the cave or our tent unless I call you. You keep your mouth shut about what you hear or see here or I will let Lexa put you on a pole when she is better" Clarke warned

"Is that a threat?" Octavia smirked then sobered when Clarke didnt smile. "Sha. You have my word"

Clarke nodded then dismissed her, turning to Nyko who was still busy working.