Chapter Twelve

I own nothing

Clarke came awake to a gentle touch to her hip and a pair of soft lips fluttering on her neck. Lexa, her intended/fiancé depending on what culture you chose. Very soon to be her wife. Everyone would soon know that the Commander of 12 clans will soon be hers. She certainly liked the sound of that.

"Morning" she sighed as she stretched and Lexa rose onto an elbow to look down on her "How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough. I've been thinking" Lexa added and paused when Clarke groaned.

"Really?"

"It is a good thought, please listen" Lexa implored and Clarke turned her sky blue eyes on her to indicate she was "Firstly if you agree I want to send out messengers to trusted clans, like Luna of the Boat People. Invite them to our wedding in Polis. Say for 3 weeks this Saturday? It will allow time for our merger" Lexa grimaced and Clarke sought out her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "It will also allow time for our honeymoon period, the few days trip to Polis and then time for you to organise a dress before the wedding"

"A few days to organise a dress?" Clarke chided and Lexa blushed much to her delight.

"There are few dress shops that cater to weddings and you will be put on priority. I will send a messenger to Polis too so that they are aware"

"What if they don't approve of me?" Clarke asked worriedly and Lexa smiled.

"Clarke they all know of you, nothing gets past the people of Polis. They are kept up to date about everything on the front line the minute it happens. They were told of our victory against the Mountain Men and you're part in it." She assured "The messenger returned from Polis not long after we returned from the pond. I was told last night they are pleased with you, hope our alliance strengthens and hope you come to Polis soon"

"So you think they will be pleased with the merger?" Clarke asked hopefully

"They will be beyond pleased, but mainly about our wedding" Lexa agreed before pausing and Clarke could see she was nervous

"What is it?" She asked

"Clarke, if you will let me, this morning over breakfast I would like to hold a meeting and rectify the mistakes I made last night. I want the people to know that this is not just a business merger for the sake of our people. I want them to know that I love you" she sighed "But I am conflicted, revealing that will put you in danger"

"I am not Costia and being the leader of the Skaikru already puts me in danger" Clarke assured, "and everyone will know when we have that wedding you promised me"

"So you agree. I can tell the others?" Lexa asked and Clarke sighed, pulling the brunette back down to cuddle with her.

"So you're going to stand up there as their Heda and declare you're in love with Skaiprisa?" Clarke couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"Yes" Lexa stated evenly "Im going to tell them how your courage caught my attention first, storming into our camp unarmed. Then you're bravery when faced with the pauna, how you saved me. You have a commander spirit all of your own that spoke to mine"

Clarke nodded. That made sense to warriors. She knew there was more than that of course but warriors would want to know the important stuff.

"Then we better get up so you can tell them all, I can't wait to see their faces" she chuckled as she flipped back the covers, gasping when the cold hit her "OMG we need to get a rock pit in here" she screeched as she hurried to her clothes.

Lexa lay back and enjoyed the view put on by her intended. She was without a doubt the most gorgeous creature Lexa had ever seen. Her heart beat in her chest and her body stirred at the mere sight. She wasn't sure how much longer she could hold out. Clarke was testing her patience and then some.