Chapter Twenty-Nine

I own nothing
Lexa was standing watching the Skaikru train. They had gotten a lot better in their two weeks at Polis and their daily training of the last few days. Good enough that they could defend themselves in a situation until someone could help them out. Octavia was coming along leaps and bounds too and Echo was gaining strength every day after her ordeal in the Mountain.

She looked over to where Jayde was allegedly teaching Abby how to shoot the bow. It looked like it was more of an excuse to get up close and personal to her. She was never taught to shoot that way. Shaking her head with a smirk she turned to watch her wife sparring with Octavia.

Her wife was one hell of a warrior. Lexa had watched her learn at a phenomenal rate, so much so that Lexa suspected she had her own commander powers. She wasn't great with a bow, no better than the others anyway, but she was good with Luna's staff and excelled with a sword. Well enough that she had been sparring with O for the last couple of days and holding her own.

At this rate she would have to get Clarke to spar with Indra and tell her General not to hold back. She could hear the two friends verbally sparring as well and had to smile. Octavia, Raven and the rest of Clarkes friends were going to keep her on her toes.

A small disturbance to her left caught her attention and she turned to see two large warriors from the main gate heading towards her with a purposeful stride, bodies tense, faces stoic. Every sense she possessed heightened and her smile fled. She slid off the fence she had been sitting on and Lexa slipped away to be replaced by Heda. Everything inside her screamed something had happened as the two men paused in front of her.

"Heda" they bowed their heads respectfully and one stepped forward slightly, looking apprehensive.

"What is it?" She questioned

"A messenger from the Lake clan arrived with news" she saw him flick a look towards where Jayde was and Lexa turned to where her friend was still oblivious and teasing her partner who seemed to have shot an arrow only several feet in front of them. "They were attacked"

"What?" Lexa seethed as her blood boiled and dread settled in her stomache like lead "what village?"

"All of them" came the reply and Lexa shot the men surprised looks. No army was big enough to wipe out a whole district except

"Azgeda" she hissed between her teeth and the men nodded

"Sha Heda. A surprise attack at night. Some tried to flee into the surrounding woods but were chased down. The messenger says they survived by piling into boats" he seemed distressed by revealing the news and Lexa could not blame him as he continued. "The Ice nation killed all who did not make it into the boats. They destroyed livestock, crops and houses. There is nothing left. He says refugees are on the way here, about 200. Two hundred and fifty at most. Most are injured, some gravely. They should be here by noon"

250 left. From all those villages? It was an annihilation. Lexa's blood boiled.

"Jaydes mother?" She asked and growled when he shook his head. "Find as many warriors as you can through the city. Send out an escort. Go to the hospitals, get as many healers as you can to the gate to assist the critically injured to the hospitals. Send a messenger to the Chancellor, I will hold council tonight"

"Sha Heda" he stated but did not move and seemed nervous. Lexa knew there was more coming and he didnt want to deliver it.

"What is it?"

"The messenger said the Ice Queen sent you a message" he looked shifty and Lexas eyes narrowed dangerously.

"What? Speak true." She warned, barely containing the boiling rage inside her

Two Into One (Clexa)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara