Chapter Five

I own nothing
---------

Back at Camp Jaha Indra and Bellamy stood side by side watching the last embers die out from their passing ceremony. They were two of the last ones left, besides Lincoln, Raven and a couple of grounders. The others had left to grieve their people.

Earlier there had been murmurs at the two stand in leaders. Where was their Heda and their Skaiprisa? Why were they not leading the ceremony? Indra had ignored them and continued with the ceremony. The grounders had understood this to mean she was temporarily in charge. Some Skaikru had insisted Bellamy tell them where Clarke was. Bellamy had merely stated that Clarke and the Commander had to tend to other matters and would be back as soon as they could.

Finally Indra turned and looked at him.

"Get some rest Bellamy, tomorrow we need to ready camp for winter. Our winters are harsh and it will take many days of preparation." She informed him "Most will take care of themselves but we will start by building a structure for Heda and Skaiprisa"

"Two new structures?" He asked confused. That would take a lot of time and Clarkes tent was designed for inclement weather. She would be fine for the winter. Lexa's tent admittedly needed a lot of work.

"You are blind Bellamy of the Skaikru. We will build one structure for both" she slapped him on the back making him stumble forward as she walked off. On hell no. Not this merger business. Was she serious?

"Indra wait" he hurried to catch up "Are you mad? What do we tell the people? Where do we build it? Of what? Why them and not everyone else?" He stopped when he saw the woman becoming angry.

"You ask too many questions" she snapped irritated "My people will think they are building a structure fit for their Heda. What your people think worries me not. We will build it where we all agree is best, but close to the centre of camp for protection" Bellamy nodded, not wanting to aggravate her further. He had to admit that made sense. There was plenty of room there as most of the camp was on the fringes, the centre being dominated largely by the Ark and the tents belonging to Lexa and Clarke and their guards.

"As for what?" Indra continued "it will need to be up to the builders and engineers. We have built stone and wood structures before" then turning on her heel she left him.

Bellamy sighed and watched her go. Either the commander and Clarke were going to put them on a pole or be thankful. He just hoped that what he had already seen between the two led towards the latter as he headed back to the Ark, not really paying attention to anything and not seeing the person until she stepped in front of him. He looked up and sighed. Shit.

"Where is my daughter?" Abby demanded.

Oh for fucks sake Clarke come back already he thought with exasperation. You can have this leadership business.

"Listen Abby I don't know. All I know is she is with the Commander and they will be back in a few days. Maybe a week" he informed and tried to brush past her.

"She went off alone with her?" Abby screeched and Bellamy turned on her furious

"Watch your mouth. That is the Commander you are talking about. Without Clarke here to influence them the grounders would shut your mouth permanently" he warned and noted that his words sunk in as she quickly looked around and nodded.

"Is she Ok?" Abby dared ask.

"Clarke is" Bellamy nodded and Abby was quick to catch on.

"But The Commander isnt" Abby nodded "She appeared injured this morning." The older woman cocked her head to the side "Is that where the ice box, two missing vials of antibiotics and tablets have gone?" She asked next and Bellamy tried his best not to look guilty and remained silent. Abby sighed. "What's going on between the Commander and my daughter?" She asked next and once again Bellamy tried to decide how to answer.