Chapter Twenty-Four

Soon it was time to go. Lincoln and Octavia took the lead as her guards while the others surrounded her in a circle. Flynn was just awed to be a part of the procession. It wasn't his first time in Polis but it was his first time for any type of celebration and it was the Heda's wedding. He was in total awe of the whole festival, the crowd, the decorations and everything. He had never been more happy to see his father injured.

Nerves hit when they arrived at the Great Hall. Lexa was sweating a bit and Octavia teased her she was looking a bit pale. That she snapped at the young warrior was testament that she was starting to feel how big the occasion was.

Octavia merely laughed and said she couldn't wait to tell Clarke. The mention of her loves name brought warmth to her chest and eased some of her nerves. It was going to be ok. She would be with her love soon.

She greeted the Councellors and the Chancellor who was done up in robes to marry them. They were lead inside where the wealthy of the city were situated, the influential, business people, traders etc. Lexa paid them no mind as she moved up the front of the Great Hall and onto a dais with Luna while the others positioned themselves around it in protection.

Lexa glanced up at the clock and noticed that she had about 15 minutes until Clarke arrived for their wedding. She needed something to distract her until then and asked the Chancellor what events they had planned for later.

Clarke stood in front of her mother and friends and waited for their reactions. She had warned them if any made her cry and gave her red eyes for her wedding she would kill them herself.

She looked down at her simple but elegant white dress and was happy again she had chosen it. It swirled around her ankles softly without the worry of tripping on it. It had some flare to it from the waist down which she didnt mind and wouldn't be enough to stop her from being close to Lexa. The top was strapless, leaving her shoulders bare and while the front was modestly covered her back was only covered in sheer lace. It was going to drive Lexa nuts she knew.

"You look so grown up, so beautiful" Abby tried hard not to cry and Clarke shot her a warning look. Her mother looked just as beautiful in the dark blue dress. It was knee length and held up by spaghetti straps. A bit more daring at the front which she teased her mother Jayde would like, but the back was more covered.

While Clarke had her hair braided (she aske Raquel for help) her mother wore hers up in a bun on top of her head with a few whips down to soften the look.

The others too were in an assortment of dresses, Raven in her usual red which was getting Wicks attention. They all had shawls or coats to keep warm. It was overcast but no signs of rain yet and there was little breeze to speak off. The guys were even dressed nicely in suits.

"So this is it, my little girl becomes a big girl today" Abby sighed and Raven snorted

"I'm pretty sure that happened two weeks ago Abby"

Abby sent her a glare while Clarke rolled her eyes

"Shut it" she ordered and Raven merely smirked as Clarke turned back to her mother. "Still what she said is true" they ignored Ravens chortle as Clarke continued "This is just reaffirming our love in Skaikru tradition and to show the people of Polis we are committed to each other. By that we are committed to protecting them together"

"I guess I just find this more official than the merger" Abby sighed and reached out to her daughter, rubbing her hands up and down "Your father would be so proud" then realising what she said bit her lip. Clarke merely smiled fondly despite the pain.

"I know he's up there looking down. I know he's with us and would like Lexa"

"Lexa yes, the Commander no" Abby chuckled and Clarke merely shrugged then turned as the Homesteads head servent entered the room where they were all waiting.