Fresh start.

Nothing fills the empty room besides the little boys cries. "W-why me?" He sniffles and begins to cry again. His "mom and dad", who both prefer to be called professor Vincent, enter the room. The woman speaks first "Eddward please be more quiet people are trying to sleep dear." She holds out her hand and brushes it against the boys cheek and he quickly stops his crying leaning into the touch. It had been weeks since his mother actually spoke to him, he is now content. The man of the house then speaks "Stop that Elizabeth! He is our Guinea pig. Nothing more." He then steps up and slaps his wife's hand away. Tears instantly fill her eyes and the boys as well. "Yes honey." She quietly whispers and steps out the room not wanting to watch today's "experiment".

The man of the house then steps over to his table filled with an array of knives, needles filled with odd concoctions, and a set of buzz cutters. He walks over to his lab rat and turns on the clippers and shaves all his long black hair. The boy begins to cry again. He is quickly shut up by a long painful shock given by his father. "Be good now boy or else I won't let you see the outside world ever." The small boy then whimpers but stops his crying.

Hours pass and the professor walks out the lab with a smile on his face satisfied with today's experiments and the results. He jots down some notes on his notepad and finally exits the door. Eddward is left there again, alone. He tries to move but his restraints and the pain and the injection sites are both too powerful so he instead does the only thing that ever brings him some peace, sleep.

He is woken up by his mother. God only knows how long he's been asleep. "Wake up sweetie I have a treat for you!" The boy opens his eyes and smiles weakly revealing the gap between his teeth. "What is it moth- professor Vincent?" The woman then frowns. "When he isn't around please call me mother." The boys smile becomes even wider "yes mother!" She has a box in her hands and she opens it. "This is a pastry! They are very delicious in this pastry it is filled with cherries!" She smiles as she holds it up to the boys mouth and he happily takes a bite and he again smiles. "I-It's delicious mother! Where did you get this though and why are you sharing it with me?" He quickly looks around so see if the man of the house is near by listening in or planning something. "I got it from the bakery and it's for your birthday honey! No experiments today!" The boy smiles but then frowns cause if his birthday is today he was passed out for at least 3 days. In the past though his birthday was the only day that was considered happy in his book. Typically his father never showed up so it allowed him and his mother to actually bond. That's when the door opens though and Elizabeth quickly hides the birthday treat. "There you go babying him again! How many times do I have to tell you he is our Guinea pig, our lab rat. Nothing more!" The mans voice cracks like a whip and the woman cowers in fear as he steps forward and raises his hand at her. "Jack please you promised. Today we would be nice!" Jack then lowers his hand and frowns. "Fine. But tomorrow we move forward with experiment F." The woman's eyes fill with tears at her husband's words but she nods her head. "Of course dear."

The man leaves the room and the woman gives a weak smile. "Say now Eddward would you like to play outside?" The boy smiles happily and eagerly nods his head. It has now been 15 years since he was last outside. He is now 15 years old. She unfastens the boys restraints and he wobbles as he stands up for the first time in months. "Easy now baby I got you." The woman says while picking up the boy. They head outside and the light nearly blinds the boy as he tries to adjust to the new found sun. She sits him on the front lawn and he begins to instantly play with the grass in front of him. She giggles but then is summoned inside by her husband's screaming of her name. "I'll be right back dear. Do not move from this spot." She then lightly kisses his newly bald head.

The boy continues playing with the grass until a shoe appears before him. He looks up and his eyes widen. The boy standing in front of him is him. Well someone that looks like him at least from what he remembers from the rare times he could look in the mirror. Except this boy has a certain look in his eyes that he lacks. The boy in front of him reaches out his hand. "Greetings. My name is Eddward what is yours?" The barely smaller boy of the two then reaches up his hand and is pulled up. "I'm Eddward also. How odd..." The boy in front of him is also wearing a hat and he goes to reach for it before he even thinks. "Oh you want this?" The boy grins removing the hat revealing a bald head as well and places it on his head. "Here it's yours. You know I sometimes pass by here and hear screaming, you see I'm a runaway and have no home of my own. I can make those bad people go away and we can live here together." The boy shakes his head no out of the love he has for his mother. "Fine then. Suit yourself." He turns to walk away but then gets another idea. "How about this? Let's switch places. I doubt your parents would even notice the difference between us. I stay here and take your place and you go to my hometown of peach creek and pretend to be me. Just keep in mind your name is double D there." The "new" double D then smiles. "Yes!" The boys then both hear the back door open and the "new" Eddward then sits in the grass as double D was earlier.

Somehow the small boy finds his way to peach creek and sees a boy with red hair, a backwards red hat, a green shirt and black shorts. The redheads eyes widen. "D-double D?" He says and the boy then rushes to his arms and begins crying. "Hey dude? What's wrong? You've been gone for so long what happened?" Double D then sobs even harder. This is the longest anyone has ever held him and he admits to himself this feels nice. This is something he always wants to feel.

End.