Some things never change.

Double D wakes up alone in the hospital bed and his heart rate sky rockets. He remembers watching his twin get shot and fall limp, he remembers Kevin protesting as he was getting carried out, after that however everything is a blur. Doctors and nurses rush in seeing the monitor go haywire from the boys panic. "Where are they?!" Double D screams fighting the staff's hands off of him as they try and hold him down. He feels a pinch in his arm and everything becomes a blur again.

Next time he wakes up he instantly catches a glimpse of red hair. "K-Kevin?" The redhead smiles seeing his boyfriend's blue eyes shift towards him.  "Hey babe." He wheels himself closer to his boyfriend's bed. "Y-you're okay..." Double D feels a soft kiss on his cheek. The boy then realizes he's restrained securely to the bed and his heart rate speeds up. "Of course I am babe, now calm down you've already been here nearly a week and every time you've woken up its been in a panic." Kevin says this and Double D gets quiet for a moment. He can't believe he has already been here a week. He doesn't remember anything. All he remembers is being at the building and then he remembers Eddward. "M-My twin....is he..." Before Double D can ask Kevin cuts him off. "He's in a coma and he still has Jack's failing organs, but he's alive." The ginger states. Double D lets out a sigh of relief that he's not dead. "How are you?" Kevin asks his boyfriend. "How are you?" Double D flips the question right onto him knowing he took the most painful torture. "I'm fine, these pain meds work wonders!" The redhead says with a laugh pointing to his I.V. "I won't be able to walk for a very long time and they are convinced I'm going to need intense therapy but I would honestly do it all again if it would keep you safe." Kevin admits. "I-I love you. Let's hope nothing like this EVER happens again though." Double D says blushing lightly at the fact he said 'I love you' to Kevin who leans in and kisses him softly. "I love you too." The redhead says. Double D tries to sit up after this kiss but is held down by restraints.

The two boys sit there in silence for a while and Double D tries to remember anything about what happened after he blacked out from rage. He remembers Mark dying...Jack however, he's unsure. He looks over at Kevin. "Jack is really dead right...?" Double D dares to ask. "Babe, you shot him into oblivion. We need to talk about that actually. The doctors are very concerned about your mental state for obvious reasons." Kevin says seriously. "I know." Double D says with a slight frown. "Babe cheer up, now we will be able to not have to run anymore. And I will be here for you every step of the way." Kevin says trying to be optimistic for his boyfriend. Double D smiles slightly. "I'm glad." The way he says this stiffly though causing Kevin to worry. He then hears the boy's stomach growl just as the Doctor walks in. "Hey doc? You think you could unstrap my boyfriend? He is hungry." The redhead asks. The doctor notices the boy is much calmer than earlier. "How are you feeling Mr. Vincent?" The doctor asks. "I'm feeling..." Double D stops and thinks for a moment. How is he feeling? Anxious? Happy to be alive? Upset? His emotions are a little messed up at the moment. He decides to settle on one though, mostly to persuade the doctor to un-restrain him. "I'm content." He says with a little smile. It's not a lie, content is one of the emotions he is feeling. The doctor nods and writes some things down before un-fastening his restraints.

Double D goes to town on the hospital food placed in front of him.  "Babe, slow down you're going to get a stomach ache!" Kevin says with a chuckle. The boy stops mid bite and blushes before swallowing it. "Sorry...it's nice to have actual food for once." Double D says before taking another bite. Kevin smiles but also his heart breaks over the realization that hospital food is basically a first class meal to him. Double D finishes his food quickly with a smile. "Can we see my twin now?" He asks hopeful. "I'm not sure if that's a good idea..." Kevin says honestly unsure of how his boyfriend will react. "I'll be fine. I need to see him, I need to see he is alive." Double D says as he feels his heart race just a little faster as an anxious feeling takes over. He is also convinced somewhere in his messed up mind that his father is still alive but he keeps that to himself. Kevin nods. He knows his boyfriend needs confirmation, that and therapy.

When Double D makes his way to his twins room, pushing Kevin along in his wheelchair, his heart stops for a moment. He sees his twin lying there motionless but the monitor proves that he is still alive. A nurse walks in. "You look like him!" She says with a smile. "I'm his twin." Double D says smiling slightly. "You'll be happy to know he is actually progressing well! He shouldn't have any permanent damage and we are hoping that in the near future we will be able to perform a transplant on him for his failing organs. The only problem is getting a kidney but I am hopeful!" The nurse says optimistically. Eddward makes a face in his state. "He's been doing that often, hopefully it means he will be waking up soon." She says before walking over to check his vitals and such. Double D is satisfied and convinced his twin has a chance of making it so he smiles.

These past sixteen years of Double D's life have been nothing but hell. He was tested on from the moment he was born, he knew nothing of the outside world. His mother only showed care when his father wasn't around. He was forced into things no one should ever be forced into. Tortured not only physically but emotionally also. His fifteenth birthday was the best day of his life when his brother showed up to switch with him. He owes his life to his brother. He might not be able to give him all his organs but he can at least spare a kidney for him. Once the tests are through it is found that the twins are indeed a match. Luckily, they were able to get Eddward to the top of a waiting list too, just in time before he woke up.

Eddward wakes up slowly as he winces in pain after the transplant. "Eddward!" Double D says smiling. "Brother?" Eddward asks keeping one eye closed. "The transplant was a success and now you're expected to make a full recovery!" Double D smiles revealing his gap. Eddward looks confused for a moment unable to really remember what happened after he was shot he didn't even realize he was out for so long and that he was able to get a transplant. Kevin wheels into the room. "Dumbass, you're going to be okay!" Kevin says with a chuckle. "Kevin!" Double D says slapping his boyfriends arm. "Ouch!" The redhead says grabbing his arm. "I was just trying to explain to him that he was going to live!"
"You fucktard I can obviously see I am alive!" Eddward says from this hospital bed. Kevin and Double D bust out laughing.

After three weeks in the hospital and a year of intense therapy all of the boys are finally healing and even all living together for now. Double D has decided to use his natural talent of science to work in a research lab after highschool. One day Kevin walks down to his boyfriend's lab to see him injecting something into a rat. "Uhhh babe whatcha doing?" Kevin asks a little creeped out as the rat squirms around and Double D injects another needle. "Oh Kevin! You're just in time! You see I have this theory....." Double D says with a glimmer in his eye and a wide devious smile, similar to Jack's.