School.

The redhead releases the boy from his arms and the boy then falls to the ground crying hysterically. "Double D?" He asks but doesn't get a response. "Hey man listen, I know your parents are...well they are gone now so why don't you spend the night with me?" Double D then looks up with tears still flowing from his eyes and he reaches up his hand since he can barely stand on his own. The ginger reaches out and grabs it. "Come on man, let's go home." The boy smiles at that word. Home.

The boys arrive to the redheads house. "Kevin? Is that you?" An averaged height redheaded female walks out sporting an apron and holding a spatula. "Oh! You brought company over! Hello double D! It's been a long time since we have seen you around. Are you okay?" Double D looks at the woman. "N-no." He manages to say and he begins to collapse onto the floor but Kevin catches him. "He's had a rough day ma, can he stay with us?" The ginger says and his mom smiles. "Of course he is welcome to stay as long as he wants."

That night double D had the first family dinner he has ever had and it was perfect. He smiled the whole time even if he didn't say much. It's bedtime now and double D follows Kevin into his room. "Woah man! We have a guest bedroom. You'll stay in there okay?" Double D looks up at Kevin with sad blue eyes. "O-okay..." He heads to the spare room and is amazed at how soft a bed is. He almost instantly falls asleep.

"Elizabeth!" The man of the house says with a sharp tone. "Y-yes jack?" The woman says with her voice shaking. "Stop babying the lab rat!" Jack then raises his hand and slaps his wife then turns on the shock of the table. "See what happens when you humanize an experiment? It gets punished!" The man laughs as he turns up the shock and the boy begins to scream.

Double D wakes up screaming drenched in sweat. Kevin is now in the doorframe. "Hey man! What's wrong?" Double D sits up and holds his arms out demanding a hug. "Really?" The ginger says. The boy then begins crying and the redhead sighs. "Double D what happened to you?" The freckled boy says while he hugs the small boy. "I-I am not too sure myself." Kevin let's go and sits at the edge of the boys bed. "I'm sorry about your parents Double D. You know I was worried you had died too... They never found your body and you were no where to be found, where did you go man?" The ginger blushes slightly at admitting he was actually worried about the dork he bullied so much.

"One last thing before you go If people ask tell them you stayed with your aunt who lives out of town but she had to go away for business." The "new" Eddward says in double Ds mind as he thinks back to their conversation.

"I-I was with my aunt but she couldn't stay around nor could she bring me along..." He says cringing at his lie. "Uhm well I guess if you have no where else to stay..you could stay here I guess..." Double D smiles and hugs the redhead from
Behind. "Thank you Kevin!"
"Yeah whatever, dork." The ginger then stands up and leaves the room. The boy drifted off to a much happier sleep.

The next morning Kevin wakes double D up frantically. "DUDE COME ON WE ARE GONNA BE LATE!" He shakes the boy and his eyes shoot open he begins to panic but then relaxes when he sees the redheads face. "Late for what?" The small boy says rubbing his eyes. "Damn did you forget everything in those six months you were gone? We have school!" The readhead says in a panic while throwing clothes at double D.
The boy frowns, although he knows what school is he's never gone, obviously. "D-Do I have to go?" He says weakly. "Yes! Come on now!" Kevin the pulls up the small boy with his hands and he gets dressed in the bathroom and walks out and the redhead shoves a cereal bar and a brown paper bag at him. "Here dork, my mom made this for you now come on!" He says while devouring his own cereal bar. He then grabs the boy's hand and runs with him to the bus stop. They get on the bus, just before it pulls away, and then double D finally begins to eat his cereal bar. His eyes widen as he takes a bite. "W-what is this?" He says while taking another bite with a smile. "Dude you act like you've never had a cherry filled cereal bar!" Kevin says with a confused look on his face. "It's delicious can we have these every morning!" The boy says with an excited tone and huge smile. Kevin blushes at this and he is unsure why. "S-sure man."