Chapter 1: Corporal Levi

You run through the long hallways of the castle where you and your fellow soldiers are staying for the moment. This castle used to be the old head quarters of the survey corps. You overslept and are late for breakfast. "Dammit, if I don't hurry up, Sasha is going to eat everything!" You think. When you reach the mess hall you slow down and try to enter as normal as possible. This is the big hall where you have breakfast and dinner everyday, where you hang out with your friends after training and where you have discussions with others. As you enter the hall, no one is looking at you, which puts you at ease. You walk towards the table where your friends are having their breakfast and talking to each other. But just before you reach them...

"(Y/n)... Why are you late?" A cold voice behind you asks. You turn around and look into the cold blue eyes of corporal Levi. He is just a little taller than you. He looks scary and seems to be pissed off... Come to think of it, he always looks like that...

"I'm sorry corporal Levi, I overslept." You say ashamed. Levi doesn't say anything and walks away. "Geez, he can really creep me out sometimes..." You mutter. Levi never spoke to you before, this was a first. Then you can finally go sit with your friends. Just in time. Sasha already puts her hand on your loaf of bread.

~After breakfast~

You sit in the hall with Sasha, Jean and Connie. The four of you have got nothing to do, so you decided to just hang out a bit.

"I'm hungry..." Sasha says. She puts a hand on her tummy. She makes a sad face to make you feel bad for her.

"But we just had breakfast." Connie says.

"I know, but (y/n) took my loaf of bread!" Sasha says while she rubs her belly like she's really hungry.

"Sasha, that was MY loaf of bread." You say while laughing a bit. Jean smiles as you laugh at Sasha's cute stupidity.

"You're so funny, (y/n). We should really go out sometimes." He says. In a sneaky way he slips his arm around your shoulders.

"Sorry, Jean." You escape his arm and move away from him. "I told you already that I'm not interested in your affection." You say. "And by the way, I'm not attracted to horses." Sasha and Connie start to laugh uncontrollably.
Jean looks at you with a confused and slightly angered expression on his face.

"Why does everyone think I look like a horse?! Seriously?!" He asks frustrated. His reaction made the situation all the more funnier.

Suddenly the door opens and someone walks in. Your laughter gets cut off by the sudden interruption. It's corporal Levi again. "What are you doing?" He asks the four of you.

"Well, we..." Connie wants to say that you don't have anything to do right now, but Levi won't let him finnish.

"Go clean the stables!" Levi says in a demanding way. You salute him and quickly walk towards the door. "Exept for you, (y/n). I need to talk to you." Levi's voice sounds calm but also a bit angry. Jean, Sasha and Connie turn around to look at you. But when they see Levi's angry eyes they quickly walk along. The door slams shut and a weird sudden silence fills the hall.

Corporal Levi speaking to you twice in one day... This is either really good, or really bad... "Is it about this morning? Because I'm really sorry I overslept!" You say.

"Just shut up already." Levi says. A little shocked and confused you shut your mouth. "I want you to listen to me very closely." Levi says. He walks towards you and presses you against the wall with his hands on both sides of your head.

Your head starts racing in a total state of panic. Little drops of sweat start to form on your forehead. You swallow one time and take a deep breath to say something. "C-corporal, what are y-"

"I told you to shut up, didn't I? Little brat..." Levi mutters. You close your mouth for real this time and wait till Levi makes his next move. He brings his face close to yours and looks at you with intimidating eyes. "You must stay away from that horse-faced brat you were talking with just now." He says. "Don't ask me why, just stay away from him. That's an order... I'd obey if I were you... I can get really violent you know?" After that he walks away like nothing happened. A little confused and with chills still running down your spine you head for the stables.

Corporal Levi talking to you at all is definately a bad thing... That's for sure...