Chapter 26: Regaining love

Levi's P.O.V

I walk into my room and slam the door shut. Angrily I take off my gear and put it on my desk. Then I walk around the room, mumbling curses to that annoyingly protective twerp. "If she comes between me and my (y/n) one more time... I'll... I'll strangle her with her own scarf and throw her body into the nearest river!" I say. Then I sit down on the bed and kick off my boots. They hit the wall and fall to the floor. Then it's silent...

I look at my hands. They're pale and shaking. Then I close my eyes and drop my head on my pillow. "Why can't we just be together..." I mumble. "... Without anyone getting in between us?!" I grab my hair with two hands and pull it. It hurts, but not nearly as much as the fact that I haven't held (y/n) in my arms for several days now. "I just want her to be mine... Forever..." I mutter angrily.

~The next day~

Only five days left till the expedition starts. Training is all that matters to everyone. But what about cleaning? Ugh, I hate it when there's an expediton close. Everybody trains and no one cleans. So I have to do it in my spare time. After training I usualy walk around the building scrubbing the floors or dusting the walls. And sometimes I get to see (y/n) training through one of the windows. Today is one of those days.

I look outside the window and see her there. "Why does she look so happy when she's not with me? Isn't she happy to be with me?" I think now that I see her. "No, ofcourse she's happy with me! Why wouldn't she be? She's just faking it... Her smile... She's acting like she's happy without me. She does love me!" I say. My nails dig into the old wood of the windowsil.

"Levi, what are you doing?" A bright voice asks. I look to my left and see foureyes standing there.

"None of your busines..." I say. Hanji takes a step closer, she looks concerned. "Go away, creepy scientist...!" I frown and raise my voice a bit.

Different as to what I expected, Hanji smiles. "I'll take that as a compliment!" She says. I grunt and look out the window again. Hanji looks outside as well. There's silence for a moment. "You know that Erwin will be mad if he finds out you're following (y/n) around like this..." She says.

I give her a cold glare. "Tell him and I will follow you around... With a knife..." I say. Hanji backs off and frowns.

"I'm not a snitch... But you're leaving me with very few options here..." Hanji says. I've never seen her like this. So... Serious...

"So you're going to tell him?" I ask. Hanji looks at me. Even though she looks very serious, her eyes give away that she isn't sure on what to do. She opens her mouth, as to say something, but shuts it again. Then she walks away. "Stupid foureyes..." I mutter.

When I look out the window again, there are no more cadets left to see. They all must've gone inside. "If I'm lucky I'll see her in the mess hall during dinner." I think. I grab my broom and walk back to the supply closet. When I put my broom back inside I can hear quick, small footsteps. Their owner must be in a hurry. I slam the door of the closet shut and hear a yelp. Next to me stands a small blonde girl.

"C-corporal L-levi...!" She says. She's obviously nervous. Quickly she salutes me and walks around me.

"Wait!" I yell and grab her arm. She turns her head and looks at me with scared eyes. I press her against the wall and squueze her shoulders tightly. "You know (y/n)... Right...?" I ask. The girl nods. "Good... Then I've got a task for you..." I say with a grin on my face. It is obvious that the girl is very uncomfortable with me being this close...

I bring my mouth close to her ear and whisper the instructions in her ear. "C-corporal... I can't do that!" The girl says. "She's a friend!"

I look at her with a furious expression on my face. "I don't believe you have a choice... Because I will kill you if you don't do as I told you..." I whisper. Her eyes widen and she holds her breath for a moment. I back off and leave her there standing against the wall.

"I... I understand corporal..." She says softly.

Then I turn around and smile. "As of tonight... (y/n) will be mine again!" I whisper. "Don't worry my dearest... Soon we'll be together...!"