Chapter 7: Anger

Day after day... You keep checking every single hallway, room and corner to see if Levi or Jean are there. If they are, you run away as quick as possible. You'd rather not have any interaction with them. But you knew from the start that that would be impossible.

On a certain day, you walk down the hallway on your way to the girl dorms. You just finnished training and you want to go wash away your sweat. But then you bump into someone. He's tall and blonde. "Oh, I'm sorry commander Smith! I wasn't looking where I was going!" You say.

Erwin smiles and holds up his hand as a singn that it's okay. "Don't apologize, it could've happened to anyone." He says. You smile, commander Erwin is a nice guy. "But now that I see you, could you bring this to Jean Kirstein?" Erwin grabs a letter out of his pocket.

You start sweating and your hands tremble. "J-jean...?" You mutter.

"Yes, it's a letter for him. You know him, right?" Erwin holds out the letter. You stare at it, but don't take it. "Hey, are you allright?" Erwin asks. Quickly you look him straight in the eyes.

"Y-yes commander! I'm fine! I'll bring Jean the letter!" You grab the letter and run away from Erwin.

"(Y/n), wait!" He yells. But you can't hear him. There are millions of voices in your head screaming and yelling at you. They are your fears, telling you to drop the letter and go to the girl dorms. But one stubborn voice is louder than all the others. That one voice tells you to deliver the letter to Jean.

You arrive at the boy dorms, it feels weird to be here as a girl. Quickly you shove the letter underneath the door of the room Jean sleeps in and run away. But little did you know... You were being watched...

~That evening~

"Yes! I won! Gimme your food!" Sasha says. She just won a arm wrestling contest with Connie, and now he has to give her his food. "I'm the queen of arm wrestling!" Sasha says happily.

"Oh yeah, well... I dare you to arm wrestle with Reiner!" Connie says. "Hey, Reiner!" He yells. Reiner who is sitting on the other end of the mess hall, looks up in surprise. The look on his face makes everyone at your tabe laugh their butts off. But you can't even smile.

"Hey, (y/n), how are you...?" Eren asks carefully. You shrug and take a bite out of your loaf of bread. "I'm right here if you need to talk..." He says.

You sigh. "I'm sorry Eren... I want to tell you, but I just can't..." You say. You throw a quick glance at the table Levi is sitting at. He's not looking at you nor Jean. Quickly you look at the table at the far end of the mess hall. Jean is sitting there with Reiner and Berthold. He isn't talking to them and looks at the bread and poor excuse of soup in front of him. Then he looks up, his eyes meet yours. Quickly you both focus on diner again.

"(Y/n)! Wanna arm wrestle?" Sasha asks. She already places her elbow on the table, ready to go.

"You can have my dinner... I'm going to bed anyway..." You say. Greedy as always, Sasha grabs your bread and soup and starts to eat it. You leave the mess hall, heading for the girl dorms again.

The corridors are empty and quiet. It is scary, yet calming. The white light of the full moon shines through the windows. When you're about to open the door to your room, someone places a hand on your shoulder. "Don't think I wouldn't notice..." A deep voice says.

You imedeately recognize the voice and try to run away. But before you even get the chance, one strong hand is placed over your mouth, and another strong arm holds your chest. "Don't you try to fucking run from me..." A voice whisperes in your ear. You try to scream and almost start crying, but it is no use. The person drags you away from the girl dorms.

The person takes you to the rooms where the commanders and other important people sleep. You tried to escape the whole way here. But just as you feared... You are dragged into the room... The person throws you on the floor and locks the door. "I told you not to talk to that godforsaken horse anymore!" Levi yells. He pulls you up again and looks at you with a furious glare.

"But I haven't spoken to him!" You say. Levi slaps you in your face. You yelp and place a hand on your burning cheek.

"I didn't give you permission to speak!" Levi says. He pins you agains the wall and brings his face close to yours. "I noticed... I saw you shoving a letter for that fucking brat underneath his door... So you have been ignoring my warnings..." Levi says.

You open your mouth to say that you got that letter from Erwin. But before you can even speak up, Levi slaps you again. "Why aren't you obeying me?!" Levi yells. "What do I have to do to make you obey me?!" You can feel his warm breath on your face. "What do I need to do?! Tell me!" Levi yells.

Your eyes are filled with tears and you close your eyes firmly. "I... I..." You mutter.

"Oh, and now you have nothing to say...?" Levi whispers. You don't say anything and turn away your head. Levi sighs and drags you to his closet. He throws you on the cold stone floor and locks the closetdoor. "You will stay there! Until you learn to obey me!" You can hear Levi say.

Then you can hear his footsteps. They get softer and softer. You hear the door of his room close. "W-wait! Corporal!" You yell. No reply. "No, wait! You can't leave me here!" You scream. But no one can hear you... You curl up into a ball and start to cry softly.