Chapter 19: Through his eyes

(Levi's P.O.V)

I sit in my bed and let my fingers slide over the tiny letters on my paperwork. I can hear desperate knocks and screams comming out of the closet every now and then. I decided not to reply. Naughty girls should be punished after all. "Hello...? Anybody...? Help...!" (Y/n) says. She's beginning to get tired. Hopefully she'll fall asleep soon. I'm not going to listen to her whining all night. It's great fun for a while, but geez... Women can be a real pain in the ass once they start whining!

After a while I can't hear her anymore, most likely she's asleep right now. I put away my paperwork and undress. "I should get some sleep too..." I mutter. Sleeping is one of my least favorite things to do. You can't do anything productive while you sleep. The only thing it's usefull for is to restore your energy. Fortunately, I only need two to three hours of sleep each night.

~The next day~

I sigh and groan. (Y/n) has woken up and is screaming at full force again. Apparently she had quite a good rest if she's filled with so much energy... I can't concentrate on my paperwork at all though... Out of frustration I take off one of my boots off and throw it at the door. As soon as it hits the door, (y/n) yelps and shuts her mouth. "Stay quiet! Or I won't give you breakfast!" I yell. No reply... Good... Talking about breakfast, I should get going to the mess hall. I grab the boot I just threw at the door, put it back on and leave the room.

Once I sit at one of the tables with my breakfast and steaming cup of tea, I feel less angry. This is one of the few moments on which I can actually relax... But just as I take a sip of my tea... "Hiya, Levi!" That stupid shittyglasses sits right next to me. "Listen, I'm sorry about what happened two days ago. But we're still friends, right?" She asks. I groan and sip my tea. "Ah, don't be so grumpy!" Hanji says as she stomps my shoulder. The tea falls out of the cup on to the table.

"Look at what you're doing, shittyglasses!" I yell. Hanji shrugs and grabs a hankerchief out of her pocket to clean the table. When she's done she looks around the mess hall.

"Huh, that's weird..." She says.

"What's weird?" I ask slightly annoyed.

"All (y/n)'s friends and roommates are sitting right over there. But she is nowhere to be seen." Hanji says. Then she looks at me. She's giving me a patient, qurious glare.

"What is it?" I ask. I'm really getting annoyed at this point.

"I would've expected you would go search for (y/n) after hearing that. Have actually listened to me for once?" She asks. Then she smiles. "Wow, you're actually leaving her alone!" She says happily

I sigh. Can't she leave me alone? Ignoring the urge to scold at her, I calmly answer. "Yes. I left her alone. Are you happy now?" I ask. It's funny... I did leave her alone... But not in the way Hanji thinks I did... I grab my cup of tea and take a sip.

"Yes! I'm proud of you!" Hanji says. She wraps her arms around me and laughs. I struggle my way out of her grip, carefull not to spill the tea again, and I frown at her. "Oh, I'm sorry. Don't touch the tiny corporal!" She says.

My hed turns red and I grind my teeth. "You're asking for it!" I yell. I get up and raise my fist, ready to hit her. Hanji gets up as well and runs away laughing. She is so childish! Then I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down, Levi. You know how she is..." A deep voice tells me. I turn around and see a tall, blonde man with blue eyes. The only person I'll ever really look up, and not just because I'm short... Erwin Smith.

Erwin gently pushes me back down on my chair. "Will that shittyglasses ever learn that she shouldn't mess with me?" I mutter. Erwin lets out a small laugh. "What are you laughing about?" I ask.

"Hanji won't learn what we want her to learn. She only learns what she really wants to learn." Erwin says. Then his expression changes. "About titans, for example..." He brushes his fingers through his blonde hair. "She won't stop asking me permission to capture a titan..." He says.

"Erwin, I thought I told you to make it clear to her that you don't want to capture titans!" I say. Erwin is such a wuss and a pushover from time to time... Shadis knew about this when he made him commander, right?

"Don't worry, I will makw sure we won't capture any titans." Erwin says as he gets up again. "I'll be in my office all day. So if you need me, just come by." Erwin says. Then he walks off.

~Back in my room~

I hold a plate with food in my hands. It's not much, but it's enough to keep (y/n) alive. I wouldn't want her to die after all... I put the plate with food on the ground and grab the key of the closet off a little hook on the wall. "Oi!" I slam my fist on the door. (Y/n) yelps, she is clearly shocked. How cute... "I'm going to come in. Move away from the door, or I will have to hurt you!" I say. I can hear (y/n) moving inside the closet. I wait a few seconds and then I unlock the door. I grab the plate again and walk in. (Y/n) is standing in the far corner of the closet, staring at me with a scared expression on her face. "Don't be scared..." I say. "I'm only here to bring you food..." I put the plate on the ground again. Then I leave the closet and lock it. I can hear (y/n) picking up the plate. "I'll be back in a while... I have something to do first..." I say.

I walk through the long corridors, on my way to Erwin's office. I could find it while blindfolded. How many times have I already walked this exact route? After a short walk I stand in front of Erwin's office. Instead of knocking, I walk in without a care. "Levi, what are you here for?" Erwin asks.

"I'm here with a request..." I say. I walk over to Erwin's desk and lean on it with two hands. "Regarding (y/n)..."