Chapter Twelve

We got to the pub which was full of men and very few women. I guess the ladies weren't in the mood for drinking that night. Music played over our heads and Cillian seemed to know the words as he mouthed along. He lead me, Austin, and Austin's new lady friend to the bar. We all sat and examined the room.

While Austin ordered for he and his girl, Cillian looked at me and asked "so, what are you drinking tonight?"

"Water." I spoke over the music.

"Water?"

"Yes."

"Water."

"Mhm!"

"Why water?" He asked before ordering.

I waited for the bartender to disappear to answer. "I just don't feel like drinking tonight." I shrugged.

"Oh, you should've told me. We could've went someplace else. Wanna go now?" He asked.

I shook my head and chuckled. "No, no. It's fine. I kind of like it here! I don't think I've been to a bar before tonight."

"Oh! Well I'm glad to be the first to take you to one." He got our drinks and handed me mine. We clicked our glasses together and drank.

After three more glasses, I could tell Cillian was slightly buzzed. He began slurring his words and smiling nonstop. He squinted his eyes at me with a smirk on his pretty lips. "I think you're hiding something from me."

My stomach tingled. "Hiding something? Like what?" I laughed a little.

"I'm not quite sure yet," he laughed. "Like.. The reason as to why you're not drinking tonight!"

"I told you I just don't feel like it tonight!" I laughed.

"No no. That's not it." He laughed. "Let me guess, you're sick. No! You're pregnant." He laughed a bit more until he noticed my face change from 'you're crazy' to 'you're telling the truth.'

Tears sprung to my eyes again and one fell in slow motion almost. "Y-yeah, Cillian. I am."

I watched his face as he became mentally sober. "What? Is it mine?"

A few more tears fell as I let out a small huff of laughter mixed with a sob. "Uh yeah I've not been with anyone else but you."

I went to wipe my cheeks but Cillian beat me to it by wiping them with his soft thumb. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

"You're not upset?" I asked.

"Of course not. Why would I be upset? This is good news, isn't it?" He looked down into my eyes.

I shrugged and smiled. "I guess it is. I'm just worried that-"

"We need to speak about this outside, I can barely hear you." He said. "Austin, we'll be back."

Austin nodded and waved, not looking back at Cillian. Cillian took my hand and lead me out of the pub. I shivered as the cold air hit me. I could feel his jacket around my shoulders. He always took such good care of me.

He spoke as we began walking. "So you're nervous why?"

I found myself pouring out my fears again. I usually don't do that. I keep them to myself so they can't be used against me. He laughed just like Austin did. "I'd never leave you alone with the baby. That's a wanker thing to do and I'm no wanker. I love you. And I'll love this child just as much."

I blushed at this. "I love you too." And I meant it. Every letter that just came out of my mouth was pure truth and nothing else.

He stopped me and turned me to look at him. Setting his finger beneath my chin, I got goosebumps again as of this were our first kiss. It hasn't even started yet. He set his gentle lips against mine, smiling into the kiss. I loved his kisses. They always made my night.

Once he pulled away, I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I imagined that it was Austin asking where we were. But once I took my phone out and looked, I knew I was wrong.

Hey, gorgeous. -Cory

桹4