Chapter Three

When we got to the auditioning location, we went straight to the receptionist. She had dyed red hair with streaks of black and she wore glasses. She looked really familiar too. She looked up at Austin and I and raised an eyebrow. "Name?" She asked me.

Austin rolled his eyes. "Bethany, stop that." He said, leaning over the table.

"Stop what, Austin? Pretending like nothing happened between us?" She snapped. "That's what you did wasn't it?" Right. Now I remember. She was one of Austin's old girlfriends.. Or whatever you would call her.

Austin sighed and looked her in the eyes. "Listen, baby. I know I messed up between us, but I promise I can fix it." He said sympathetically. "I miss you, Beth."

I looked between them and rolled my eyes. "Shanntia Halliwell, thank you." I interrupted their little romantic comedy moment.

Bethany looked at me and widened her eyes. "Oh! Right! I'm sorry. They're waiting for you now." She nodded and handed me a few papers.

I took them and thanked her before going into the theater. Walking onto the stage, I took deep breaths and looked down at the table that stood on the floor. There were three people sitting and going through papers. Next to them was a camera and a man who was waiting for them to begin. He checked his watch and sighed as if he didn't want to be there.

I cleared my throat to let them know I was there.

The man in the middle looked up and his face lit. "Shanntia!" He exclaimed. "I'm so glad you could make it! You'll be auditioning for the part of Angelina, correct?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

I swallowed and nodded. "Yes I am!" I smiled.

He clapped. "Perfect!" He looked back up at the balcony where a man stood. He held his thumbs up. "Ready?" He called.

The man nodded. "Yeah!" He called down. I couldn't see his face but his voice was familiar. There was light behind him so he was only a shadow. He looked down at what seemed to be a tablet. Little light shown from it. I could still only see his chin.

The man that sat in the middle of the table looked up at me. "Okay so I understand you just heard about the audition today so we're just gonna improvise. Is that alright?" he asked. Before I could answer he spoke anyway. "Alright so your husband's name is Matt and he's an abusing spouse and you're leaving him and he's trying to get you to stay. K? K. Action."

The man on the balcony spoke loudly. "Angel. Angel, please don't go. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I-I don't know what's wrong with me. I love you so so much. I promise I'll be a better husband to you. We could have a family and I'll get a better job. I'll even work two jobs, Angel just please don't leave me." He said, monotone.

I shook my head and wiped away a forced tear. "No, no. Matt, I'm tired and I'm done with your pleading and your whining. You hit me seventy-two times. Yes! I counted! And I counted again by counting the bruises on my body. You promised me that you'd never hurt me!" I sobbed. "You promised! If you loved me you never would've done it!" I started to walk towards the end of the stage to act as if I was walking out.

"But Angelina, I swear. No more promises. I swear on my mother. My mother, Angelina, that I will never ever do it again." He said.

The people listened closely and watched. The man in the middle said "now you're tired of it. You're broken. You're done. You're angry with him. But yet you don't want to live alone.."

I nod and bite my lip. "You're right. Matt. You will never hurt me again. Because this is the last time you'll ever see me." I say calmly.

It got silent.

The man at the top spoke again. "What?"

"You will never see me again."

"Fine then. Don't come back. And if you do, you won't be welcomed." He said.

"Very well." I replied.

The people at the bottoms took notes. The man in the middle called the one on the balcony on the phone. They both left the room and spoke to each other.

I waited for a few minutes. It was starting to get hot under the lights. I sighed and nervously bit my lip and grind it between my teeth.

The man came back and sat in his seat. He spoke to the other two people quietly. They nodded in agreement. He looked up at me and smiled widely. "You've got the part!" He said excitedly.

I grinned and nodded. "Thank you so much! You won't regret it!"

He shook his head. "Don't thank me. Thank-" he turned to look at the balcony to see the man wasn't there. "Where'd he go? Anyway, you'll meet him soon. We are so happy to have you apart of our cast! We'll give you a call or email your manager later on tonight. K? K. Great job!" He clapped. With that, all three of them began getting their things together.

I nodded with a smile and went off stage.

I went into the lobby and saw Austin making out with Bethany. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him away so we could go where ever it was we decided to go. He waved to her.

"I promise I'll call you this time!" He said.

She nodded. "Okay!"

*****************************************

Yes. Yes. I know! Long. Chapter.

It's honestly to make up for the time that I haven't updated!

Comment! Vote! Fan! Share! Whatever you all like to do! Lol!

Thanks for reading!

-Shann