Chapter Seventeen

SIX MONTHS LATER

"Shann! Hurry up, love. We're going to be late." Cillian called from downstairs. I was still in the closet trying to figure out which shoes would be more comfortable for me. I was twenty-five weeks pregnant and already gained a bit more weight than what I liked. Maybe heals wouldn't be the best choice but I didn't want to look short on the carpet.

It was June and Cillian's film Anthropoid was premiering. I was going to the premier to support Cillian and also because I made a few songs for the film. But mainly to support Cillian because I knew he'd do the same for me and what kind of fiancé would I be if I was never there for him? A not so good one.

"Shann, what are you-" He walked into the closet and looked at me. I was sitting "Indian style" with two different shoes in my hand.

I looked up at him. "Black or zebra print?" I asked softly.

He sighed and took the other black shoe, putting it on my foot along with the other one. "Since when have you ever considered wearing zebra print clothing? I thought you said you didn't like that kind of stuff." He helped me off the ground and fixed my dress.

"Well I just wanted to try something different, ya know?" I walked out and looked into the mirror, making sure my makeup was still okay.

"This isn't because of what that blog said about you, is it?"

I shook my head, grabbing my handheld purse and lying to myself and Cillian. Every once in a while I would look through my fans' Tumblr accounts and see how they're doing, especially the ones that I've met multiple times. That morning I came across a certain account that I had never noticed before. They posted a picture set of everything I wore to award shows and to premieres. Under it all, the owner wrote "Has anyone noticed how plain she is?" I never noticed it. I always liked to wear black, white, burgundy, or maybe purple gowns but I never thought of it as being plain. I just didn't like over the top dresses or looks because that's not what the events were about to me. I dressed up then went to have fun. Not to show off anything. But somehow this one post made me want to change that. Completely.

I spoke to Cillian about it and he highly disagreed. He even lectured me about it. I chuckle, thinking about it now.

"We talked about this, Shann. Why are you still so worried about it?" He had followed me out of the closet, watching my every move.

"What if they're really right, Cill?" I asked. "What if all those critics and other actors really think I'm plain? Then no one's going to want to include me in anything."

"But they all love you. Even if they don't, why does it matter what they think?"

I thought then shrugged."Whatever..Let's just go."

He and I walked outside and got into the car in which Austin was driving us to the premiere. Austin opened the door for me and held it open until Cillian and I were both in the car. He got into the driver's seat and began driving, fussing at us for coming out later than what we were told. We were now five minutes late and Austin got more pissed off by the minute, hating London traffic for reasons such as there is no London traffic. Cars never move. The only real issue is that we would show up on time and not thirty minutes earlier to catch the behind the scenes drama that Aussie so dearly loved.

I tried to get him to calm down but it was no use. We had to tell him to turn on music to get him to shut up until we arrived to the venue.

About twenty minutes later, Austin drove us to the carpet and we both got out to the sound of music and cheers from the fans that came to support the cast and see the film. Cillian and I stood, posing for pictures and waving at fans before going to meet them for pictures and autographs. After conversing with fans, we went and took ore pictures. I stayed behind and spoke with some interviewers while he took pictures with his cast.

I got the normal questions. "How are you doing?" "What are you wearing?" "How's the baby?" "How far along are you?" Some were even asked twice. I gave different answers based on how comfortable the interviewer made me. I even gave the same answers at times. There was one interviewer,though, that was a little blunt and a little rude. He was maybe a foot taller than me with a goatee and glasses. The stereotypical French creep except... he wasn't French.

"Shann! Shann! How's it going?" He put the microphone up to my face for me to answer.

"It's going great, really! It's good to be here, supporting the cast and the movie. I'm really excited to see the finished product!" I smiled at the camera and nodded.

"So you and Cillian have been together for how long now?"He asked. That was a new one.

It took me a second to come up with an actual number. "Eight months. But gosh.. It feels like we've been together for years.

"Eight months and you're already marrying him?" He started chuckling. "You must really be in love with him then."

I gave it a few seconds to think about it. "Y-yeah. I really am."

I really never thought about it. It really did feel like years had gone by since I've known and been with Cillian. But it had only been eight months. I'm marrying him and I'm having his child. I never even considered living in Ireland until he bought the house. Love blinded me. It kept me from really thinking about the situation. I had to speak to Cillian about this.

I looked at the interviewer and frowned. "I'm sorry. Who did you say you were?"

He just gave me a sly grin. "I never said."

Before I could open my mouth, I heard my name being called from behind me. It was Austin. "They want a few pictures of you with Jamie."