Chapter 21 - Surprise???

I woke up in my bed. Last thing I remember, I was crying in Donte's arms.

I was crying in Donte's arms!!!

Oh my god. Oh my god oh my god.

I told him about my past. He's the only besides my family who knows about Daniel.

And where's Donte??

I look over to see a note on my desk, written in scrappy handwriting.

Rachael, I had to put you in your bed. I could tell you didn't get much sleep, and I don't know why. And I didn't want to wake you up because I know you need your sleep. I appreciate you letting me in on your past. So, thank you. Maybe, soon, I'll let you in on my past. -Donte

I smile at the note. He was always very understanding.

Just kidding he's never this understanding. Wonder what's up with him?

I groan as I stand up to stretch my tense muscles. I look over at my laptop and see it on the home screen of my favorite movie.

Peter Pan.

I don't know why that's on there, but that just totally made my day.

Since it's winter break, I don't have to go to school today.

Thank the lord!!

So, instead, I get dressed in comfy, lazy clothes and go downstairs to get some breakfast.

I go down to see Satchel in the living room, his face shoved in his phone. He hears me come down the steps and looks at me. When he looks at me he immediately tenses up.

"Ugh, hey Satch. Where's mom and dad?" I ask leaning against the door frame.

"Why would I know? I don't know. Why don't you-umm- call Lilly or something. Just quit asking me questions. Fucking Christ." He says suspiciously and runs out of the front door, slamming it behind him.

What's his problem? He sounded more nervous than mad. Wonder what he's hiding?

Interrupting my thoughts, my stomach grumbles very loudly.

"Jeez tummy. I'll put food in you." I say lamely, tapping my flat stomach. I go to the kitchen to see Lizzy sitting up on the counter.

"Lizzy, get down girl. You hungry?" I say, basically to myself, before putting food in Lizzy's bowl. I also out water in her bowl. "There ya go. Now for me."

Lizzy starts being annoying when I try to make my pancakes. Her little fur ball self is trying to get a fur ball in my food. Like, no!

I'm now in the living room, watching Sponge Bob, halfway done with my pancakes. Lizzy is purring like crazy next to my, rubbing against my outer thigh.