Chapter 27- Prom Throwbacks pt. 2

Chapter 27- Prom Throwbacks Pt. 2

"Alright Felix. Up to you buddy." He sniffed around and chose the right path. I saw he ate a little piece of dog food beside the rose petals. Very smart, Donte.

"If this takes as long as the hunt, I'm gone." Lilly said following behind me. We spent two hours doing that hunt. I'm hungry too. And tired.

"Tell me about it."

It took three minutes until we eventually came into view of Greyson, Quinn, Jason, Parker, Blake, and some other guys from school who's names I forgot.

"Ladies." Grey said, stepping up. They were all wearing suits.

"Boys." I said. Felix was wagging his tail and walking around me. All the boys were smiling at the puppy.

"You have no idea how many girls came down here. We're sure some even took the wrong path. And came back. You took forever." He complained.

"Blame your brother. He set us up. And it wasn't easy. Well, it was pretty easy, but walking to almost everywhere was too much. He bothered to involve the car at the end."

"Yeah, that was my idea. We have the right to laugh too." He said chuckling. "Anyways, we're your escorts."

"Huh?"

"We are to escort you to your next and final location." Blake said holding out his arm. I look at Lilly and she shrugs, looping her arms with Quinn and Parker. I looped with Blake and Greyson. The other guys from school silently followed in front of us, completely blocking out view.

"What's with the whole getup? And we feel very underdressed. He could have had us dress nicer."

"Nah. You both look fine. Just wait and see. I bet all the guys five bucks either you or Lilly would cry before they even say a word at the end.

"Okay, this may sound crazy, but I want to make sure. Donte isn't going to propose, right?" Greyson laughed so hard at my comment. "Shh answer my question."

"No, of course not." I let out a breath of relief. "Do you not want to marry my little brother?" He asked playfully and put a free hand on his heart.

"No it's not that. I think it's too early." I explain. I was about to continue when I hear a guitar strumming. My eyebrows furrow together and I look at Lilly who looks at me equally confused. Blake and Grey unhook their arms from Mike, Grey taking Felix in his arms. Parker and Quinn do the same to Lilly. But the other guys are standing in out way. I walk over next to Lilly.

"What do you think is going on?" I ask, seriously confuses. She gasped.

"If this is a prom-posal, I'm gonna cry." She said smiling at me.

"No way. Donte wouldn't do dances and stuff. I wonder what your surprise is? Maybe it's all for you?"

"Don't be ridiculous! It was for you at first anyways. And Ash is supposed to be out of town on prom." She said sadly.

Suddenly, there were snaps my our ears, making us jump. Blake raised his eyebrows and pointed forwards. We looked ahead and that's when the guys moved. I gasped at what was in front of me.

Ash and Donte were standing up there with a big white card in between then, but it was blank. Donte was strumming a guitar and Ash was standing in front of a microphone. His face was red, but he was smiling like crazy.

I caught Donte's eyes immediately and he smiled sweetly at me. His eyes were on me the whole time.

I didn't know Donte could play the guitar.