Chapter 26: Prom Throwback

Chapter 26- Prom Throwback

"Graduation is coming up." Lilly said staring at the ceiling. Me, Lilly, and Olivia are on my bed. We're sitting here, ready for graduation which is in about a hour and a half.

"Yeah." Olivia and I say simultaneously.

"Will you guys miss high school?" Olivia asked, also staring at the ceiling.

"No." Lilly and I say simultaneously.

"I will, to be honest. It'll be weird not being around the freaks I've been with for years. I'll miss the teachers freaking about every little thing. The high school romances. The students getting scolded. The dances. The pranks. I'll just miss everyone. It'll be strange being parted from the high school life."

"Yeah, you're right. We've spent four years of torture. But it had it's good moments." Lily said smiling.

"Like that one assembly where the trophy fell on top of Bianca." We laughed.

"Or that one field trip where the goat sneezed on Henry. And the horse tried to eat Mariya's hair." We laughed again. "I'm sure that horse could smell her fake-ness from miles away."

"We can't forget the huge food fight we had in the cafeteria." I said, smiling at the memory.

I guess we did have some good times, huh. Prom was the best, no doubt. I'll tell you all how it happened.

*****

"Just wear the stupid blind fold." Lilly said tying it tight around my head.

"Ow!"

"You'll live. Alright, now follow me." She said taking my hand and arm.

"Lilly and Rachael. For you." A deep voice said, making me confused.

"Who was that? And what did he give you?" I asked trying to take my blindfold off.

"No shh. It was a note. I'll read it. It says Rachael and Lilly. I'm not very smart and didn't know what to do. So follow these rules so I'll get to see you. Each of these riddles takes you somewhere new. So go where you normally try on a shoe.

"What? What is he even doing? Please tell me he won't propose." I say, my heart beating faster.

She laughed. "No! Have you met your boyfriend?! He wouldn't do that." She grabbed hold of my arm and muttered, "at least I don't think so." But I pretended I didn't hear that.

"Where are we going now?" She put the blindfold on my face when we were at the park near my house.

"The place we try on shoes." She said thinking.. "Oh! Carmen's Catalog. We go there all the time and try on shoes, dresses and stuff. C'mon, it's not that far."

"Are we going to walk to go to each place?" I whine.

"Yup. Jason has my car. Now let's go!"

We got there in about five minutes. This is going to be a long journey. We walked into the store and a heard shuffling.

"Thank you." Lilly said and I hear the ripping of paper. " I'm glad you're doing good so far. I promise, it's not a waste of time. And Rachael you know I'm lazy, so I'm going to stop trying to rhyme. Alright now that's over, I want you to go where there's a lot of the same cute little animals. There's more than one specie of animal. Once you arrive, the next clue will be by someone who is brown with white stripes. He's very tiny, but is protecting your next clue like a hawk.
Good luck :)"