Chapter Two

In this moment, I'm shitting myself. If that was the response to my text, I'm fucked.
On an irrelevant note, I notice that his eyes aren't brown-ish. They're a pretty hazel colour with a strong tang of green. Snapping back to reality, the sardonic smirk on his face gives me goosebumps. What is it about him?

Here I am, completely submitted to this male. Here I am, subdued and he has the upper hand. Here I am, completely no match for his strength—that he undeniably has since his arms are practically piercing through his suit—or his height. He is very tall and I'm 5'8" and in heels so believe me when I say he's tall. He has a muscular build and I have a leaner physique. I wouldn't say I'm slim per se.

The way he looks at me gives me a tinkling feeling along the palm of my two hands. It's almost like the feeling when you're trapped in a nightmare and the monster is about to eat you. It's that feeling of ultimate fear and dread right before you wake up screaming, drenched and drowning in your own sweat. 

He opens his mouth as if he's about to say something but then he doesn't. Instead, he pushes me back, with just the inch between his chest and my cowardly spaghetti-like body acting like a transcendent force, until I can feel a desk behind me. He lets go of my wrist.

"Sit." He demands.

Far too afraid to argue, I slide my tush in the chair at the desk and fiddle with a nearby pencil.

"Stop." He demands again.

Accidentally, I drop it on the floor and he smiles.

Before I can stop myself, I blurt, "Do you find this amusing, Matt?"

He stares at me and I try to hide my fear, but I know I've failed. He is just too... uncanny.

"Call me Mr. Legato at work, Lisette."

"Fine! Call me Liz, then." I spit back. It's like I'm trying to get shot.

"No." He says simply.

Asshole. "And why is that?"

"Because your name is Lisette. It's quite simple." When I try to talk back, he holds up his hand as if to silence me and then says "I will not argue with you about this. I am your boss and you will do as I say."

"I most certainly will not!" I object and jerk up into a stand. Walking up to him, I glare straight at him, my eyes not hiding my repulsion, "I am an employee and in fact the marketing director in this company, as well as a sophisticated woman of high class and status and I have worked hard for that. I am many things, Mr. Legato, but I am not your bitch."

"Oh, but you are." He smirks and pulls me even closer to him. "Oh I have you hooked my dearest Lisette, and more easily than I thought. You should watch your mouth because I don't fancy the crude language that's escaping your sweet lips."

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I snap and try to create more space between us.

He drops his voice and narrows his eyes, "Watch your tone."

"Don't tell me what to do, asshole!" I shove him off me and walk to the door.

He throws his arms up. "Just as I suspected! I knew a woman would be too emotional to be rational."

"I beg your pardon!" I walk back over to him.

"You can't think straight, Lisette. You're too hormonal at the moment. Maybe you should take a few months off work." He steps in closer to me.

"My job is too important to take a few months off!"I grit my teeth so hard I can taste them.

"Hm. Maybe someone else should take your place, then." He suggests as if he hasn't been thinking it this entire time.