Chapter Thirty-Eight

10:54AM

Normally, I wake up to Matt's smile as soon as I roll over, snuggling into his dress shirt. Today, I'm waking up to torturous tickling.

From the darkness to the light, my eyes flip open and I'm greeted with his big hands at my ribs, teasing and tickling me. As attractive as ever, my first sound this morning is a giant snort followed by a heavy guffaw.

I don't think I will ever comprehend how girls have that sweet giggle while they're being tickled. My tickle-laugh sounds like a whale farting. The arising knot in my stomach from my intense laughter has me pushing Matt's hands away. Refusing, he mounts me and continues torturing me. Along with me, he laughs too. His laugh is more carefree, whereas mine just sounds like... Well, a whale farting.

Running out of breath, I dig my nails into his arms and he hisses in pain as he pulls his arms away. After a moment he goes to return them to where they had been, but I grab both his hands as they strive to attack me once more.

"Please!" I beg, still laughing.

He laughs at me and dips his head to give me a lazy kiss. Admitting defeat, he slumps back on his side of the bed.

"Good morning." He hums.

"Good morning." My laughter is soon fading, but I have a lazy grin on my face.

He turns to his side, facing me, and extends his arm, wrapping it around my body. I slip closer to him until my body is up against his chest. Engulfing him, I snuggle up even closer and my arms hold him against me as he holds me against him. Peacefully, I close my eyes and enjoy the calm tranquility.

Ruining the moment, his phone rings.

He groans as he reaches over to the bedside table and answers it.

"Yes." He yawns. "What?" He seems more alert now. "No I can't." He sighs. He pulls me closer into him, if that's possible, and kisses the top of my head the way that he always does. Finally he says, "I can't right now, I'm spending the day with my girlfriend. Sorry." He hangs up.

"We're spending the day together?" I look up at him.

"No. I meant my other girlfriend."

I pout and slap his arm, "not funny."

He grins down at me, "you're so violent." He mutters.

My eyes widen at his words. I sulk down into his chest, hiding myself.

Noticing, he pulls my head up by my chin, "hey, that's a good thing."

I smile, "good. I can totally beat you up by the way."

"You can't even win a tickle fight, Lisette!" He laughs at me.

"I wasn't aware it was a fight!" I shove him, "I was sleeping and you woke me!"

He smirks, "well you know now..."

I pout again, "seriously? A tickle fight? How do you even win those?"

He nibbles on my collar bone and I moan, giving myself to him. Looking at him, I see his smug grin.

"You get the opposition to submit." He smirks.

Oh no.

Smiling awkwardly, I divert my eyes from his gaze.

Obviously coming to grips with my discomfort, he leans in with his lips slightly pressed against my ear.

"Want to play?" He dares me.

Finding a brave source of courage, I lift my head to his. "Yes." I breathe.