Chapter Eighteen

16:15PM

Honestly, I didn't expect the drive here from Maria's to be so long, but at least I'm here now. I think I envy Maria; she owns such pretty shoes and I'm sure she can walk in all of them. I took my shoes off the ride over because they were just aching. Now, Klaus is leading me through the garage to the very elegant lift. He pauses as he retrieves the key and he looks at me.

"You look very beautiful, Ms Cheslaw."

I smile awkwardly, not expecting the compliment.
"Thank you. You look charming as ever, Klaus."

The key turns and we both await the lift to come down. When it does, I step in and he remains outside.

"Aren't you coming in?"

He shakes his head, "I must leave you at this point, but don't worry, you'll be fine. Enjoy yourself."

I smile softly at him as the door closes and I feel myself ascend. Slowly coming to a halt, the lift dings open and I walk out.

Immediately, I know I'm not alone. I hear the sound of soothing jazz music playing. I stop in my tracks as I smell the aroma of delicious food and fresh flowers. Walking, I go further into the room and find a nice table set in the middle of the room, but with a casual feel to it. There are two plates set, two glasses and two sets of cutlery. On the edge of the table there's a note that says my love on it.

Recognising the nickname, I reach for the note and open it, it says:
You look beautiful, beautiful.

I scoff softly.
"How would you know?" I mutter.

"Because you always look beautiful." His deep voice calls from behind me.

I turn around and see him in a suit, holding a gift box. Stalking me, he comes to me and only stops when the tips of our noses are touching. My breathing quickens, remembering the night before when his hands were all over me. As if he knows exactly what I'm thinking, he kisses me and pulls me in with his arm that's holding the box and the other hand travels to my waist and onwards. Suddenly, his lips dip to my throat and I push him away.

"What, you don't like it?" He asks while frowning. However, his face has a tense seriousness to it. I get the impression that of I say no, he'll probably never touch me there again.

"I don't like the hickeys!" I say as I move my hair to expose my neck.

He grins when he sees how he's marked me. "Why not?"

"Because it's my neck and the hickey makes it look like I do stuff."

"You do do stuff."

I shrug, "I guess it's about keeping it professional. I just don't want people getting the wrong idea."

He nods and then looks at me.
After a while, he says, "do you love me?"

I look at him for what seems like years. I think it's pretty obvious how much I love him. I grab his face and kiss him.
"Don't ask stupid questions, Matt."

He laughs softly and kisses me back.
"I got you something." He whispers as he kisses me and shoves the box inbetween us.

Pulling away, I look down at the box.
"What is it?"

"Don't ask stupid questions, Lisette."
He smirks.

True enough, I can just open it and find out. Taking the box out of his hand, I open it. Instantly, I shut it and give it back to him.