Chapter Thirty-Four

14:11PM

He's meeting my dad today... Let's see how that goes.

Standing in front of the bathroom mirror, I shape my hair perfectly around my face. My lips look more plush and they're softer than they usually are. That's probably because of the intense make out session Matt and I had on the plane.

I feel like he's mad at me, but this all wasn't my intention. I don't want him to feel like he can't trust me, because he can.

Anyhow, we're meeting my parents in a few hours and I want us both to make a good impression. Yes, Matt and I have slight problems, but we're doing well together. I really hope my parents see that, especially my dad.

"Lisette?" Matt calls out.

We're in a fancy penthouse apartment that Matt happens to own in Michigan. It has four bedrooms, two lounging areas, five bathrooms, a large kitchen and a beautiful foyer once you enter. I'm in the bathroom that belongs to one of the bedrooms. It's large and spacious with black tiles on the walls and glass shower stall with an egg shaped bathtub on the other side of the room. The whole room seems very classy with a sexy, mysterious twist, much like Matt himself.

"Lisette? Can I come in?" He knocks on the door.

"Yeah." I sigh.

He walks straight to me and hugs me tightly. I fill myself up with his lethal scent and grow numb in his arms. All of my body weight slumps into him, but he doesn't falter. His graceful arms hold me up as I melt. Feeling fatigue creep over me, I drop my arms and hum dreamily. I feel my legs raise above the ground and I feel like I'm being carried. Soon after, a soft cloud supports me as I'm set on top of it. A warm blanket becomes tossed over me and I'm wrapped inside the silky material. He kisses my head and I hear a door click.

Lights out.

15:23PM

Good Afternoon Michigan.

I think I fell asleep, which means I styled my hair for nothing. Terrific. It was a very peaceful nap and luckily, it wasn't that long, so I still have enough time to get ready to meet my parents. I wonder if Matt's ready too. He probably is. Matthew is one of those people that are almost always punctual. Tardiness on their behalf seems almost impossible.

Rolling over, I feel my stomach turn.

Oh yeah... I have a vagina. I almost forgot.

Getting up and off the bed, I walk into the bathroom again. My hair is a mess, which is just great. I find my bag and I change my pad really quickly. I also notice that Matt changed me as I slept. That was quite smart of him; it's hardly comfortable sleeping in jeans. So, I'm in his T shirt and it's very comfortable. Where is my Matthew?

Wondering around the penthouse, I finally find him in what appears to be a study of some sort. He's sat on a desk and he's wearing a suit. His left ankle is tossed over his knee. Inquisitively, he looks at the laptop screen in front of him, with his elbow resting on his left knee and his chin between his index finger and thumb. Knitted, his eyebrows are low and somewhat bemused. His back is slouched slightly into the back of his chair, but his posture is still remotely adequate.

Tip-toeing, I creep behind him. Abruptly, I clamp my palm over my mouth to stop myself from laughing and revealing my presence. I slip a little lower so I'm not caught in the reflection of the laptop screen. My silly smile is ripped away when I look at the screen.

"What is that?" I snap.

He slams his laptop shut and stands to face me. "W-what?" He stammers

"Was that me?" I point at the laptop and go to open it.