Chapter Ten

"I have someone I'd like you to meet too." Matt says as he pulls Jude away from Claire. "This is Jude Cory. He's a good friend of mine and the CEO of L&C."

"I know." I shake Jude's hand and he keeps his eyes on Claire. "This is my sister Claire by the way." I say once I've finished shaking hands with Jude.

Matt hugs Claire and kisses both her cheeks. Jude follows along and kisses her cheeks repeatedly. Claire giggles. I don't trust him. Whatever Matt has done, Jude was in on it too. That's not good.

"Jude, this is the girl I was telling you about." Matt pulls me against him and I feel my cheeks get hot again.

"It's Lisette right?" He shakes my hand again and I nod. "Who made you two? You're both stunning!" He smiles.

I shrug and Claire giggles.

I don't know what he's talking about with me, but I see it in Claire. Her hair isn't as curly as mine since she has our mother's hair. It's long and dark brown, like mine, but with thick, loose curls. Her eyes are a light brown and her lips are full and plump and she has a slim physique. Her curves are more attractive and she's more beautiful overall.

Matt pulls me aside and Claire and Jude start talking.

In fear that he might be mad, I say, "I'm so sorry. I was going to call to say I was bringing Claire with me but—"

He pulls me in and hugs me tight.
"Thanks for coming back." He breathes.

I smile into his shoulder and my heart races. I suddenly get the feeling that I'll never be able to leave him even if I tried... And that will be the death of me.

I pull away and he kisses me softly. I'm caught in the moment and I kiss him back. I wrap my arms around his neck and claim him with my tongue. He submits and lets me take control. His hands explore my body from my hair to my shoulders, then my waist to my hips and then he reaches my ass and gives it a squeeze, which presses me closer to him.

I pull back slightly when I hear Claire burst out laughing. Jude's whispering something in her ear and her coy smile says she likes it.

"They're really hitting it off, aren't they?" Matt mutters.

"Yeah, they are."

Matt's eyes narrow and I think I've made him mad. He raises his hand and softly strokes my cheek with the tips of his fingers. Nope, not mad.

"What's wrong, my love?" He frowns. His love?

He flinches and then runs his hand through his hair. To break the awkward silence, I answer the question as if I hadn't heard the last part.

"I'm just worried about Claire."

"She'll be alright. If you need anything, my offer still stands."

I reach through his jacket and wrap my arms around his waist.
"I was meaning to ask you about that actually."

He nods. "Go ahead."

"What jobs would be available for Claire?"

He kisses me.
"Anything really. I don't know what her strengths are at the moment so I think she'd have to work for me privately."

"Privately?"

"Yes. She'll work for me personally like Lucy does or one of my drivers."

I scoff, "I'm not going to make her your maid?"

"I have enough. It would be great if she could—"

"She could be your personal trainer!"

He recoils slightly, "are you calling me fat?"