Chapter Twelve

08:47AM

I love waking up in his arms. Sadly, this isn't one of those times. I'm in the plain black T shirt he wore yesterday before we went to the gala and black underwear. He's not beside me. I'm waking up alone and it feels like a part of me has died. Even though it's only been about two days, I'm used to starting the day with him smiling down at me when I wake up. I don't have that today and it actually makes me sad in a way. I'm disappointed.

The negative depression disappears when he comes out of the bathroom. He has one white towel wrapped around his sexy hips and another towel drying his hair. His hands are shaking rapidly and ruffling his hair. His abs are out on display and are stretched so magnificently. His arms are tensed slightly and moved so elegantly as he dries his hair. He turns around and walks into a small room.
When he comes out, he's in posh slacks and an unbuttoned dress shirt.
My oh my.

He turns around and catches me staring, "good morning, my love." He leans over to me and goes to kiss me and I turn my face away.

He sits on the bed, "have I done something?"

I shake my head, "no."

"Ok then." He goes to kiss me again and I cringe away.

"I might have morning breath." I mumble.

"I don't give a shit." He grabs my face to hold it in place and kisses me softly.

"That was nice. You're a really good kisser." I giggle.

"So are you." He smiles.

I love when he smiles.
"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To work." He replies.

"Why? It's Sunday. It's a day off."

"No, it's your day off. I still have to go to work."

I pout, "I wanted to spend time with you."

"Oh my sweet Lisette. We have all the time in the world to be together. I'll be back before you know it."

"I might just go home today."

Sitting on my bed, his face falls, "why?" He breathes.

"I can't just wait here forever for you to come home." I say and he smiles softly, "what?" I ask.

"You called it home." He breathes.

"Anywhere is home as long as I'm with you." I smile sweetly and kiss his cheek.

"Look, you can hang out with Maria and Theo like you mentioned yesterday. I'll only be gone for around four hours then I'll pick you up and we'll come back home." He put emphasis on the last word.

He stood up and started buttoning up his shirt. Dammit!

"What are their numbers?"

"Just go on my contacts and look for their names." He says.

I reach for his phone on the bedside table, "you need to put in your passcode."

"It's 0827." He says so casually.

"Matt!" I exclaim after seeing that the four numbers are actually his passcode.

"What is it?"

"You just gave me your passcode!"

He shrugs, "I know."

"Do you want mine?"

"I didn't do it as an exchange, I trust you."