Chapter Thirty

Two days later

09:13AM

Today, I'm being discharged. I've made huge progress and my body is repairing rapidly. Obviously, I'm not one hundred percent just yet, but I'm well enough to go home... With Matt. Yeah I know that I really shouldn't because of Zack's threat, but I can't deny my feelings for him. I don't even care about people finding out. Right now, I don't think I even want to go back to work. The last thing I want is to be under the power of two very huge jackasses named Zachary Leroy and Jude Cory.

I have decided to resign, but I haven't really told anyone about it. Before I write it in stone, I need to find a job just as good as that one, if not better. I was a fucking badass over at L&C. I'm sure I won't have many problems when it comes to finding a new job.

I'm sat on the bed and my hair is tied in a messy bun. Matt was a kind gentleman and brought me some snugly clothes from my place so today, I'm wearing a white cami tank top and black leggings. Matt was generous enough to even give me some of his clothes too since he knows I love oversized clothes, which is the reason he thinks I borrow his clothes. Honestly, it just feels like he's closer to me. Anyhow, I'm in his cuddly, cream, thick knit cardigan.

Matt walks through the door. He's in a plain v-neck T shirt and dark, worn jeans. Matthew Legato in casual clothing is enough to kill a woman.

"You ready to go?" He smirks.

"No. I think someone needs to check out my heart."

"What?" He chuckles.

I clutch my chest, "I think it's stopped because of how goddamn fine you are."

He throws his head back and laughs, "sweet Jesus! Are you really giving me that cushion support right now?"

I smile, "yes sir."

"Well I'll try and see what they can do about your heart." He mutters as he sits on the bed beside me.

"I don't think they can do much."

"Oh? Why's that?" He plays along.

"Because you've stolen it. You have my heart, Matthew."

He smiles at my words and cups my chin, "and you have mine." He breathes and presses his lips against mine.

I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me onto his lap. I wrap my legs around him and kiss him passionately. His hands float to my ass and grabs it and my hands tug on his hair. He groans against my mouth and I feel him smiling against my lips as we kiss.

"Oh damn." Someone interrupts.

I break off the kiss and see Leonard at the door.

"I'll come back later." He mutters and leaves.

Matt bursts out laughing beside me and squeezes my shoulders. I wince at the pain.

"Oh. I'm sorry." He apologises

My injuries have cleared up very quickly. The doctors don't even know what happened. Apparently, I had a few injuries and fixing one of them had a risk of critically affecting the other. All the doctors thought I was going to die for sure. I still don't know exactly what happened, but Matt had something to do with it. I always hear the nurses talk about one of the operations I had. They always say something like,

"oh that Mr Legato is something. The way he waltzed up into that operation room... No he's a hero for sure blah blah blah."

I don't know exactly what he did, but it must've saved me.

However, I don't require any casts or braces for my injuries, which is also shocking to doctors. I don't think my "injuries" were so bad in the first place. I mean, I didn't even feel them at first, so they obviously weren't that critical. My head ended up being a concussion and loss of blood sort thing and my arm isn't really broken but slightly sprained, especially at my wrist. I had to have surgery and they're considering putting it in a cast for extra security before I leave. I feel like an x-men mutant. They all look at me weirdly because I didn't die. I'm like The Wolverine, but healing a little slower. Well, obviously JC has my back in all this and has healed me. Miracles do happen.