Chapter Six

03:06AM

Hmmmmm.

I wake up halfway through my sleep to burgundy walls in a large king size bed. The sheets are so silky — mhmmm — warm... and not mine. No sense of familiarity blesses me as I miss the teal blue glow of my own walls and the presence of an uncanny nature is reflected off from each of the four walls encompassing me. Each corner bleeds in streaks of red and each drop of blood shows the repressed anguish of the inhabitant of this room. 

A feeling of being drained and light-headed overshadows me and the red walls slowly shrink the room, or at least make it hard to focus. Rolling over from my side to my back, I see that I'm not in my dress and my hair's not in a bun like last night, but is a lion's mane around my face instead. I'm in a white dress shirt that is substantially large for me and feels like I'm a young child's foot in their mother's high heels.

Overcome with fatigue, I feebly look around the room and then look at the end of the bed, where two torches burn into my soul. I feel his eyes boring into mine as he stands expressionless with his arms by his side, just... looking. 

Honestly, why is he up at 3 in the morning, standing at the foot of the bed, without a shirt on, watching me sleep? 

Topless and alluring, he climbs onto the bed. Slowly crawling to me like the predator he is, his arms contract and relax in a fluent rhythm that corresponds with his movement until he finally slides his body beside mine with our faces inches away from each other.

"Thank you for staying." He mumbles.

I find myself shuffling closer to his body and he sweeps his arm around my waist and pulls me into him.

"Where's my dress?" I ask.

"It's being cleaned. It'll be ready for you in the morning."

"Did you... Did you change my clothes for me?"

"No. You don't remember?"

I shake my head and he plays with the tips of my hair.

"You changed yourself. You came in here and got changed and then I guess you fell asleep in my bed."

I take a sharp intake of breath, knowing I will regret doing this, being here and having no clue how I got here. 

"This is your room."

He nods.

"I'm fine with you being in here, though." He kisses my forehead softly. "I love being close to you," He breathes almost inaudibly.

He doesn't even like it, he loves it.

"Why were you up so late?" I mumble.

He laughs softly, "why were you?"

I look up at him confused and worried about what i could've done as he laughs more. "You didn't even drink, Lisette. What's with all this memory loss?" I shrug and he continues, "I'm just going to tell you about the whole night. After you agreed to stay, we went back and ate. Then, we started talking about different sorts of stupid junk and movies we hate; actors we hate; singers we hate. After that we discovered that we both have a strong love for—"

"Céline Dion!" I laugh as I cut him off.

"You remember now?" He asks

"Some things." The smallest things. "Carry on!"

"Ok. Then we started talking about Titanic and what we would've done differently. Then we rented it and watched it. That took up most of the night. We ate some more during the movie and after. Then we ended up listening to her album Let's talk about love and you showed me your amazing dance moves—"