Sneak Peak

A/N
Well it's been a very long time since I updated this story, but I promised I would give you guys a sneak peak of the sequel and that the sneak peak would be today.

Before I get onto that, I just wanna thank you all for 5K+ reads. I appreciate it very much!

This is a very small snippet of one chapter in the next story (that still doesn't have a certain title yet) but it shows you a little bit about what's to come.

Thanks for reading Stay Away from Pleasure, I really hope you enjoyed it and now, please enjoy the first sneak peak of the sequel Eternal. 😊

...........................................................

The air grows colder around Jude in his realisation and he wraps his large arms around Claire, providing her with heat as that's all he can give her after all that he's taken from her.

"It wasn't safe for you to come back yet," he whispers, "it still isn't."

"I couldn't even say goodbye." She sniffles.

"I know. And I'm so sorry." He closes his eyes as he holds her closer, heating himself up with her body heat.

"Do you know the last time I properly spoke to him?" She whispers and feels Jude shake his head. "I was still just a teenager. I think it was a little while before my 20th birthday. I asked for $300 and he said no."

"It was for drugs, wasn't it?"

"That's what everyone thought." She sighs, still remaining in Jude's embrace. "I just needed rent. He didn't give me it and I got kicked out of the dump I called a home. I started using again due to stress, but that's not the point."

Jude pushes back a little to see her eyes, "what is the point?"

"My father died thinking the worst of me. And even if I had seen him when he grew ill, I would still have been the same person." She shakes her head. "But not the person my papa wanted me to be. What could I have said? I've changed? I don't take or deal drugs anymore?" She shakes her head, biting her lips as the splatters of ice in the wind stab her cheeks. "I would've been the same disappointment. But that's not what I want for myself. I want more. I want to be a woman that my father would be proud of."

Jude's eyes light up at the sound of the beautiful revelation that has escaped the lips of his woman. She's come so far and she has more chapters to write in the story of her life and more mysteries to unravel. This enlightenment has said something to him. He's never been more proud of her.

He squeezes her cheeks and stares into those bear, brown eyes. "You can do that. I will help you in any way that I can."

Many moments have passed in the wind and in the end, she nods. "I'm glad you said that."

"I mean it." He reassures her.

"That's good. Because I'm not missing my own mother's funeral. I don't care if the whole family will be there. There is no way on Earth, heaven or hell that I'm missing her funeral."

"You can't–"

"I can." She interrupts, pulling further away from him and giving him a sharp look of determination, "and I will."

"Claire–"

"My mother was raped and murdered." She takes a few steps away from him. "My father would've wanted justice." Her eyes make a look of frozen stone that eradicates any control Jude could have once thought he had over her, "and that's what I'm going to get."