Fucked Up World

We both live with our fathers. But that's what Ryan looks like.^ We are both 18.

Falling back onto the wall, I felt a sharp pain in my right cheek. Knowing I had been slapped by my drunk idiot of a father, I blacked out on the tile floor of the kitchen from hitting the wall so hard.

*20 minutes later*

I woke up to a phone ringing and groaned at how annoying the sound was. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" I yelled at the phone, still disoriented from earlier. I slowly got up, a terrible headache cutting through my skull. I made my way to the phone and picked it up.

"Hello?...Yeah, I'm fine, Ryan." I looked down at the bruises slowly forming on my pale skin, hoping he couldn't tell that I was lying. "Can I come over, Riley?" He asked, his voice sounding shaky though the phone. "Um, I don't think that's such a good idea," I sighed. "Please Riley, I need to be with you," he sounded...scared almost. "Ry, what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

I heard a loud crash and some yelling and the line went dead. I looked at the number, it was their house phone. Maybe he would answer on his cell.

I ran upstairs to grab my cell phone, I still hadn't memorized his number. Hurriedly dialing his number I sat on my bed, my whole body shaking as the phone rang.

He didn't pick up, and that's when I lost it. My heart beat and my breathing both sped up and I slid off of my bed onto the floor. "Ugh, please be okay Ryan. Please be okay..." I cried into my hands and pulled my knees to my chest.

*time skip to 25 minutes later*

Loud knocking downstairs scared me awake, and I quickly ran to the door, almost tripping down the stairs. I looked out of the small window of the door, and saw that it was Ryan standing out in the rain, that must have started after I fell asleep. I hurriedly unlocked the door and let him in. "Oh my god, Ryan, are you okay? What happened?" I asked, closing the door and locking it back. He shook his head and that's when I noticed the bruises on his perfect face. "Ry...baby, what happened?"

Shaking his head again, he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. Even though I was a good half a foot shorter than him, it comforted both of us. He was shaking, and I hoped it was just from being in the rain. "Come on. Let's go to my room," I grabbed his hand and gently pulled him with me up to my room

We sat down on the floor next to my bed, holding hands, my comforter wrapped around both of us. "What happened to your cheek?" He asked, referring to the rather large bruise on my right cheek. "Oh, uh, my dad...he just got a little drunk." I mumbled. "A little drunk? Riley, getting a little drunk doesn't mean you fucking beat your own daughter!"

"It's fine Ryan. I'm used to it. He does this all the time," I said. "No, you shouldn't be used to it. He needs to go to jail for hurting you like this!" I looked up at him and his eyes flashed with anger. "Ryan, what about your dad? I should be worried for you."

"You don't need to, I'm your boyfriend and I care more about your well-being than mine because I love you." He moved away to sit on his knees in front of me, "And I need to ask you something."

He pulled out a small box from the pocket of his jacket and grabbed my hand. "Riley, I love you so, so much, and I don't think I would still be here without you. And I know we're young but I've made up my mind." He opened the small box and I gasped. Inside was a beautiful silver ring with a small blue diamond in the middle. "You don't have to say yes, but I just want you to know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

"Anyways, will you marry me?"

I started to tear up, and I looked into his eyes. Without a second thought, I answered him, "Yes...yes of course!" His eyes went wide, "Really? Y-yes?" He asked. I nodded quickly, still close to crying. He grabbed my left hand and slipped the ring onto my ring finger.

He leaned forward and gently peppered my face in kisses. I blushed a deep red as he placed a soft kiss on my lips last. "Run away with me Riley." He whispered as he pulled me into a hug. "We can go somewhere nice where no one will hurt us."

"That sounds good," I said. "You want to?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm tired of getting hit everyday. We should do it."

We both packed some clothes and some important things and we left town. We could finally be happy.

Anyone want a part 2? I actually thought this was pretty good.