First Arc - 9.5.15

"Ah, you must be Haruka Nanase!" A blonde proclaimed, grasping Haru's hands and examining him. "You're the new transfer student!"

"I heard you came all the way from Japan!" A purple hair dude recalled, pushing up his glasses.

Haru nodded nervously, clutching onto his transfer papers.

"We were assigned to give you a tour of Iwatobi High!" the blonde explained, sensing the uneasiness in the black-haired boy. "My name is Nagisa Hazuki, and this is my boyfriend, Rei."

"Excuse you." Rei rolled his eyes, although showing no signs of declining Nagisa's declaration.

"I-I was told to be given a proper tour..." Haru mumbled, fidgeting with his papers.

"What??" Nagisa and Rei gasped. "We're a real tour alright!"

"It's 70% more efficient to have a student-based tour!" Rei informed. 

"The counselors have no idea who to avoid, which clubs have a higher social standing, and which teachers you shouldn't talk too!" Nagisa added. "Not to mention who you can, and who you can't, sit with." 

"So you have those here too..." Haru noted, shivering.

"Is there something wrong, Haruka?" Rei asked, noticing how Haru seemed upset.

"It's really nothing..." Haru assured, mustering a half-smile. "Let's get this tour over, shall we?"

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing," Nagisa complained, although Rei shoved him to keep the blonde's mouth shut.

"You don't belong here." "A book nerd in the E-class? How did you drop all the way down here?" "You're so creepy!" "He thinks he's soo cool being in the End Class." "If you pick on him he won't say anything." "I hear he eats his lunch in the girls bathroom!"

"Haruka? Haruka Nanase!!" Nagisa shrieked, snapping Haru out of his thoughts. "Stop dosing off! You'll need to know this once you've enrolled in this school!!"

Haru nodded his head. "Sorry. Please continue."

Nagisa eyed Haru carefully to make sure that he had his full attention. "Over here is the cafeteria. Only popular people get to sit outside. Gamers, book nerds, and people who don't really have a life, sit inside."

"Outside, otherwise known as the popular territory," Rei continued, pointing at the outside picnic tables. "Is a place I suggest a new kid should stay away from. Trust me, you do not want to start off with a bad image."

"Where do you guys sit?" Haru asked, worried that he would have to eat in the bathroom again.

"Outside the Library," Nagisa explained, pulling out a school map and pointing at the Media Center. "Since it's your first day tomorrow, you can sit with us until you find some friends,"

"Thank you so much," Haru accepted, relieved.

"Of course! I bet you'll fit right in!" Nagisa assured, wrapping his arms around the transfer student.

As Rei continued to show Haru around the campus, Nagisa informed the black-haired boy about the students at Iwatobi High.

"So you say you're a swimmer?" Nagisa repeated, after forcing Haru to spill his information. "What stroke do you swim?"

"I only swim free."

Nagisa nodded his head. "There's a swim club at our school, but there's not very many people in the club. Lucky for you, I'm one of the few in the swim club! I'll be able to get your forms so you can join!"

"I'm in the track team," Rei added.

"You should really join the swim team though!" Nagisa pleaded.

"Pfft, no." Rei disagreed.

"Haruka is joining, so should you!"

"I'll... I'll think about it."

"Score!" Nagisa squealed. "Rei-chan is actually considering joining the swim team, and it's all thanks to you, Haruka!"

"No problem," Haru blushed.

"Actually, that's pretty problematic..." Nagisa realized, scaring Haru. "All of the jocks- you know, sport kids- usually sit outside. You'll have to befriend a popular person before joining the swim team..."

Haru groaned. He didn't want any problems in his new school. "But you guys sit outside the Library, and you guys are involved in sports!"

"Well first of all, the table at the Media Center is only a few feet away from jock territory . So technically, we're sitting in the popular table." Nagisa explained. "Secondly, everybody established us as kids who introduces new kids to this school, so we don't have to worry about our social standing. Sadly, I don't think they'll allow a transfer student to become a tour kid right off the bat. You're only sitting with us until you find a new group of friends." 

"Your homeroom teacher is Ms. Amakata," Rei informed, stopping at the orange building. "She'll be teaching English, along with Writing."

"Makoto Tachibana has her for homeroom too!" Nagisa realized, quite excited. "He's a football player. That's perfect! Befriend him and you'll earn a spot in the popular table!"

"I don't want to be in the popular table..." Haru declined.

"Haha, yes you do." Nagisa giggled. "Being popular gives you benefits.  For example, you don't get pushed around. Although, Makoto is probably the biggest jerk on the face of the planet, but if you want to fit in, I suggest you gain his friendship."

Haru gulped. This new transfer school wasn't going as well as he had planned.

--

...Hiya, it's Saki and yes another book ;D The next chapter will be from Makoto's POV, although almost the whole story will be told by Haru's POV. The titles are the dates of when this chapter is taken place. For example, it's Sept. 5th of 2015, about a week after school started.

Also, this takes place in the U.S., hence how Haru is from Japan.

Thanks for reading <3 Don't forget to vote !